PDA

View Full Version : Poor FTA after setup

Donaldovitch
19-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi
Have just set up and waited dutifully for 24 hours.
Everything works perfectly with satellite reception, except of course the time.
Screen info lines up with channel received - great!

However, FTA channels are either not there, or are of very bad reception quality. Those that are there are not as specified in the selection screen.
Have checked the incoming RF signal using direct connection to TV, and it is good.The channels specified on the selection screen are those I would expect in my region (Southern NSW)
Question:
Should I repeat setup again ( I am still in setup mode)?
Or is there something I have missed!
Regards
Donaldovitch

Donaldovitch
19-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi this is donaldovitch.
After talking my RF reception problem with Son-in-law (Troy, who purchased the TiVo box for me and had it modified), I think the problem may be that I have entered the wrong reception area.
I entered Wollongong as the nearest fit ( I live in Batemans Bay), but maybe that was not correct.
Could this cause the problem?
What Is the correct area for Batemans Bay?
Whew!

many thanks
Donaldovitch.
P.S. In fact TiVo picked up one good reception channel (ABC), but this was incorrectly associated with channel 9 on the "View TV" screen!

Darren King
19-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi Donald.

Troy emailed me off list. Had I have known in advance the TiVo was for Batemans Bay I would have advised there is currently no FTA setup for your locale so one will need to be created and entered into the OzTiVo emulator. One of the other jobs I do apart from hardware related activities is to create these setup "slices" and give them to Warren who runs the emulator.

I shall do this sometime tomorrow and email the slice to Warren who will then sometime during next week upload it onto the emulator. Your job will then be to redo Guided Setup and pick the Analogue FTA for your area when it appears in the list.

If you can correspond with me and Troy off list I shall make this happen ASAP.

P.S. In fact TiVo picked up one good reception channel (ABC), but this was incorrectly associated with channel 9 on the "View TV" screen!

Yep. That's because picking Wollongong associates the frequency slot for channel 9 with "channel 9" in Sydney from the Artarmon/Gore Hill transmitters. The frequency slot for channel 9 in Batemans Bay is actually transmitting ABC "channel 2", hence why your TiVo is a bit confused with the program guide info for what you are seeing.

Your frequencies for your area are:

channel 9: ABC
channel 11: WIN
channel 55: SBS
chennel 61: TEN
channel 64: Prime

Within the Wollongong slice you picked the only frequency that matches any of those is channel 9 but for the wrong station, as mentioned above. It will all be fixed when the correct slice for your locale comes online soon.

If you want to see the other stations BEFORE the slice is made then grab your remote and hit the numbers and then the enter button. For example, for Prime hit: 6 then 4 then Enter and you should see something.

Donaldovitch
20-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Hi Darren
Thank you for your excellent, clear assistance.
I was in some trepidation when Troy presented me with a TiVo box, but have to say that with help of the quality available, I am now a very comfortable TiVoite.
Also delighted with the features TiVo makes available.
I will await the upload of the "slice" with great anticipation.
Again many thanks.

Don
(Donald is a Duck)