PDA

View Full Version : No sound from PVR10UK

JohnPierson
15-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me here?! I've managed to bumble my way through importing a PVR10UK TiVo, installing a 200Gb drive with the 3.0 Oztivo image & running guided setup.

I did the fix to sysinit to get the TiVo to boot after a quick visit to Dick Smith's to make up a serial cable.

Everything is great except I get no sound - just static whether in the Tivo screen or watching live TV. I'm using the coax input & output.

I've read a few cases where the fix was to use ukchan30.o & have found that in /lib/modules but have no idea how to use it.

I'm in Brisbane now & using the Phillips image.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

John.

JohnPierson
17-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm starting to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew....

I've been trawling round the forums & I think I may have my answer:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/oztivo/2005-May/024025.html

Can anyone confirm this for me & point me to where I can get the new code already compiled (not being much of a programmer myself!)?

Any help appreciated (before my wife works out how much I've spent on a non-functional TiVo!).

thomson
19-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I've been trawling round the forums & I think I may have my answer:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/oztivo/2005-May/024025.html

You might like to try "iicsetnosub 0xca 0x8a481df4" from the commandline, which will set the output to RF Channel 22, and see if it solves the problem. You can use different figures depending on what output channel you require.

thomson
19-07-2006, 11:50 AM
The following is an script that should also work. It still requires the iicsetnosub binary. If passed a channel argument it will set the output channel, otherwise it will use the existing RFOutput value.

#!/tvbin/tivosh

if {$argc == 0} {
puts "Usage: set_RFOutputChannel <channel>"
exit
}

set ch [lindex $argv 0]

set rfo 0x8a480004
set rfo [expr $rfo|((303+($ch*8))<<4)]
set rfo [format "%#x" $rfo]

exec iicsetnosub 0xca $rfo

JohnPierson
19-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks Thomson, my wife may yet speak to me again...

Sorry to come back again but when I tried that I get:

couldn't execute "iicsetnosub": no such file or directory
while executing
"exec iicsetnosub 0xca $rfo"

I've search the TiVo & the web but can't find anywhere that lists iicsetnosub. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

John.

thomson
20-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I've search the TiVo & the web but can't find anywhere that lists iicsetnosub. Could you point me in the right direction?

Nope... but I've attached it :)