PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get into Phone Menu

imcdermid
30-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I have re-built my Tivo several time in the past month !!!

All is OK for 1 or 2 days, then the problems start. First off is that the phone prefix ,#401 is removed so I cannot get program information via the Ethernet connection. The next thing that happens is that when I disable the Tivo suggestions, I can no longer get into the phone menu.

The Version is 3.0 r1.4, the box is a Philips HDR 212. I have 2 100Gb disks configured.

I also get random lockups when going through any menu which necessitates a re-boot (power off/on).

Has anybody else seen these sorts of problems and what is the fix ??

imcdermid
30-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Fixed one problem by resetting the dial prefix through Telnet so I can get the program guide.

The main problem now is that when I select the Messages & Setup Menu, then the Recorder & Phone setup, it just returns to the Mesages & Setup menu.

All other functions work such as My Preferences.

Darren King
30-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi and welcome. It sounds like you have a mix of problems - most of them actually from doing things that either are not required or simply do not work in the OzTiVo environment. I shall try my best:

All is OK for 1 or 2 days, then the problems start. First off is that the phone prefix ,#401 is removed so I cannot get program information via the Ethernet connection.

Where are you noting that ,#401 is being removed?

You should have more than 1 or 2 days worth of program guide data anyway (usually 4 or 5) so something does not add up here. You do not need to set ,#401 when imaging or doing Guided Setup as the standard OzTiVo (and nzTiVo) images are configured for turbonet right "out of the box"

The next thing that happens is that when I disable the Tivo suggestions, I can no longer get into the phone menu.

It's a new one on me that you can do it *with* TiVo suggestions enabled but not without as you should not be able to get into the menu at any time while in a normal operating mode. Are you sure you were not still in Maintenance Mode? Did you remember to reboot the TiVo 12-24 hours after initial Guided Setup and note that the splash screen preceeding the animation says "Starting up...." and not "Maintenance Mode"?

The Version is 3.0 r1.4, the box is a Philips HDR 212. I have 2 100Gb disks configured.

R1.5 20051128 is the more recent version but what you are describing above should not happen under R1.4 anyway. Model of box and hard disks have no bearing.

I also get random lockups when going through any menu which necessitates a re-boot (power off/on).

Random lockups can be a number of things. It may be a flakey hard disk. Have you also tried running the command nic_config_tivo from a bash prompt and set the turbonet card timing to "failsafe"? I'm assuming this is a Turbonet/Terbonet/x-factor/tv-lan1.0 card and not an Airnet or a Cachecard?