PDA

View Full Version : video and ir distribution with tivo

discosrule
12-06-2006, 08:52 PM
just wondering what people use with tivo to get it to work on other tv's in other rooms (i.e. the bedroom)

have used a wireless video/audio/ir sender/receiver from DSE but had interference problems with my wireless network (yes tired changing all channels on everything :) also had problems with the IR side of things, have since read that it is a common problem with the tivos.

have also used a xbox running xbmc and can connect to the tivo, but prefer to keep the xbox in the same main room as the tivo as i use the xbox as much as the tivo to watch divx's and the like.

just wondering what other people do to watch there tivo and control there tivo from other rooms ??? both wired or wireless !

Thanks
Matt.

oscarg
17-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Hi Matt.

I have a friend who is using a setup similar to yours (wireless AV connector with IR remote sending in it - cheap (about $160) from Jaycar)

Yes it works!! If you are having problems with reception, change the "channel" it uses), as it uses the same bandwidth as wireless ethernet, and it can be upset by your 802.11 network (or the neighbors). I tried 3 channels before I found one that worked well.

I was quite surprised by the quality and reliability. Its not as a good as an SVIDEO conection of course, but its definitely acceptable.

If you don't get any luck, try changing the chanel of your wireless ethernet setup also...

re the ir remote, just set the buds up so they can "see" the TiVO

Good Luck!

petestrash
21-06-2006, 10:00 AM
just wondering what other people do to watch there tivo and control there tivo from other rooms ??? both wired or wireless !

I have used the ChannelPlus wired whole house distribution system for the last 5 years with TiVo without any issues.

Peter.

Darren King
21-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I've currently got a SlingBox www.slingmedia.com connected to one of my TiVo's. Not only can I stream video and control the TiVo over my home network but I can also watch my programs from anywhere in the world too :)

zollymonsta
23-06-2006, 09:22 PM
that looks kinda cool! :)