PDA

View Full Version : NZ Image Zenith IR code

tonys
06-06-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm part way through GS with the NZ image, got as far as setting up IR code, only zenith box listed is zenith-oztivo. Chose that, but none of the codes seems to work. Any suggestions? I've got a Pace box available too, but Pace isn't listed at all!

tonys
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
weird stuff happening! having failed to get the zenith IR to work, I used the left button to go back to the list of boxes, which had changed! what was 'zenith oztivo' was just zenith (codes still didn't work) but Pace had appeared on the list! It definitely wasn't there before! Chose Pace, plugged the Pace box in and all worked, so that's OK.
Next issue is finding the tivo on my network, it's connected via the turbonet card to a wireless access point, it's hooked into the wireless network ok, cos it's downloaded guide data etc. I just can't find it to use tivoweb or Putty, I need to get to tivoweb to reboot it back into PAL mode once it's finished indexing etc, any suggestions how to find the IP address? Using a US Robotics gateway and Dick Smith AP.

DJC
06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm part way through GS with the NZ image, got as far as setting up IR code, only zenith box listed is zenith-oztivo. Chose that, but none of the codes seems to work. Any suggestions? I've got a Pace box available too, but Pace isn't listed at all!

PACE is definitely there.. installed many times.

And Zenith and Motorola are also in the IR slice we run on the emulators... uploaded them to the oztivo IR database myself.

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=913

DJC
06-06-2006, 07:07 PM
To find your IP, if you are using DHCP, check the router IP assigments.

Wibble
06-06-2006, 08:06 PM
any suggestions how to find the IP address?

Assuming your PC/Mac gets it's address from DHCP, find out what it's address is and the Tivo will be close, so if your PX/Max is X.X.X.1 try pinging X.X.X.2, X.X.X.3 etc until you get an answer. IF it's X.X.X.253 go down.

petestrash
06-06-2006, 08:32 PM
We use a program called ipscan14.exe (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ipscan14.exe) that can automate this search for you.

Peter.

tonys
06-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Got an idea of what's wrong here. The new Tivo is in a sleepout 75metres from the house, to get the network down there, I've run cat6 cable, then there's a wireless access point plugged into the ethernet cable, a alptop then uses the wirelss signal. Today I plugged another access point into the Tivo, set up as an AP client, all ok so far......but I didn't change the static ip of either of the ap's from the default of .250, I suspect that's why I can't get tivoweb up, I'll try resetting the IP of the Tivo AP to say 254, then see if I can find it using Pete's program.

In the meantime, I assume there's no way to reboot the Tivo into PAL mode, without telnet or Tivoweb access?

petestrash
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
In the meantime, I assume there's no way to reboot the Tivo into PAL mode, without telnet or Tivoweb access?

You can pull the drives, boot them in a linux machine and manually change the bootpage parameters.

You may also be able to use the serial port of your laptop to initiate either a ppp over serial connection or direct serial connection. However, I don't think PPP is enabled if you have already choosen to use a network card during the install.

Peter.

Wibble
08-06-2006, 04:40 PM

You could always build youself a serial cable.

It's very simple: ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install/tivocable.jpg

tonys
08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I established a tivoweb connection to the 'new' tivo, after doing a reboot, all seemed ok, then realised I'd lost the connection to our other tivo! Did some checking/rebooting etc and it seems that whenever one of the tivo's is rebooted, it 'steals' the IP address of the other one! I'm assuming this means that the 'disconnected' one will fail when it tries to make it's daily call? I guess the work round is to assign static IP's to each tivo? Something I've been meaning to do with the first one for ages, not too sure of the technique, anyone got an idiots guide?

Been doing some searching on Oztivo, and found mention of possible problems when using 2 turbonet cards on the same network. Is this what's causing my problems?

Note: as I don't think this is specifically an NZ issue, I've started a new thread in the general Q&A section.

petestrash
08-06-2006, 09:02 PM
turbonets by default all use the same mac address. If you want to run 2 or more TiVo's they each need to have their own mac address.

This is covered in changing_your_network_configuration (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Network/NetworkingHowto#changing_your_network_configurat)

Peter.