PDA

View Full Version : Installing TivoWebPlus help please

spawn154
22-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Hello I am trying to install TivoWebPlus.

I am following the guide from here

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Software/UpgradeToTiVoWebPlus

I did step one, and step 2 (presumably in hyperterminal) but it says it cannot find the file or directory.

So I manually extracted the files from tivowebplus-oztivo-060513.tgz to a folder (TivoWebPlus) and ftp'd them in var/hack/TivoWebPlus

Seemed to work ok, I then had problems editing the "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author" It said read only file system (I am using flashfxp).

Any ideas please?

Darren King
22-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I then had problems editing the "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author" It said read only file system (I am using flashfxp).

Any ideas please?

TiVo filesystem is set to read only (RO) mode. You need to type in at a bash prompt RW to set it to read/write mode for it to work.

spawn154
22-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok I will give that a try.

What about the problem I was having in hyperterminal when typing "tar xvfz tivowebplus-oztivo-060513.tgz". what should I type, and where should the file be located?

Thanks.

thomson
22-05-2006, 07:00 PM
What about the problem I was having in hyperterminal when typing "tar xvfz tivowebplus-oztivo-060513.tgz". what should I type, and where should the file be located?

You need to transfer the 'tgz' file into /var/hack, or give a full path to the file.

For example, you could ftp the file to /var/hack and then
# cd /var/hack
# tar xvfz tivoweb-oztivo-*.tgz

Or you could ftp the file to /tmp and then:
# cd /var/hack
# tar xvfz /tmp/tivowebplus-oztivo-*.tgz

spawn154
22-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the help. Will try it out soon.

:)