PDA

View Full Version : IR and Setop Box setup

pjpete
28-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Probably too easy to fix, so pardon the ignorance . . .

First snag is the Infra-Red cable, exactly where is this supposed to be located, my guess is mounted on the front of the Foxtel Digital Cable unit pointing towards the IR Receiver area??

Second is the type/model of the Foxtel box to be selected in the guided setup. In Qld (Gold Coast if it makes any difference to what type of unit is distributed anywhere), I have a Foxtel Digital unit (slim silver unit with no number displays) and the only apparent identification is the word Foxtel, and perhaps a SCN100 on the back of the unit on a white sticker (also mentions it is made by Technics)

Any ideas on which STB unit I should be selecting for the setup to continue, have tried a few obvious ones but no luck on the Tivo changing channels for me as yet.

Many thanks

petestrash
28-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Probably too easy to fix, so pardon the ignorance . . .

First snag is the Infra-Red cable, exactly where is this supposed to be located, my guess is mounted on the front of the Foxtel Digital Cable unit pointing towards the IR Receiver area??

Correct

Second is the type/model of the Foxtel box to be selected in the guided setup. I have a Foxtel Digital unit (slim silver unit with no number displays) and the only apparent identification is the word Foxtel, and perhaps a SCN100 on the back of the unit on a white sticker (also mentions it is made by Technics)

There does not appear to be any IR codes for this model STB in our database.

Since you have already tried the existing codes, and they don't work, it looks like you will need to create you own.

have a look @ CaptureIrCodesWithIrSliceCreator (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/IR/CaptureIrCodesWithIrSliceCreator)

Peter.

pjpete
28-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Correct

There does not appear to be any IR codes for this model STB in our database.

Since you have already tried the existing codes, and they don't work, it looks like you will need to create you own.

have a look @ CaptureIrCodesWithIrSliceCreator (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/IR/CaptureIrCodesWithIrSliceCreator)

Peter.

Cheers for that, will attempt the IR codes myself and see what happanes. Last question, what do I put in as my Cable Box? Foxtel Tivo? or Foxtel ?

petestrash
28-04-2006, 06:22 PM
The brand should be Foxtel and model SCN100.

Might also be worth checking the bottom of the STB. it may have different details that could be helpful.

Peter.

pjpete
29-04-2006, 11:53 PM
The brand should be Foxtel and model SCN100.

Might also be worth checking the bottom of the STB. it may have different details that could be helpful.

Peter.

Thanks for the assitance but all solved. Chose Foxtel Tivo and went through the remote codes more slowly. Is all good now.

Cheers