PDA

View Full Version : Partial bodged guide data available

ehintz
10-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Only the channels that the family really uses (and which I could get good guide data for); the process is extremely labour intensive and I don't have any time to make it better right now. But it's better than nothing I suppose.

http://www.hintz.org/media/slices.tgz

These are also up for the emulator, but I'm not sure if it will work; it only loaded Discovery for me and I don't have time to troubleshoot-gotta get out of bed in 5 hours and I'm not even in it yet. I did the others manually, they all load (and all checked out with slicedump) but some data isn't showing yet, dunno if it will or not. But some data is, and it makes a nice break from "to be announced". Going to sleep now. Goodnight Gracie.

hh75
11-05-2004, 04:26 AM
Hi,

Nice work on those slices - any chance you'll make a TV1,2,& 3 slice while we wait for jaidev & tim?

ehintz
11-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Hi,

Nice work on those slices - any chance you'll make a TV1,2,& 3 slice while we wait for jaidev & tim?

Maybe tonight... The problem is getting sufficient data for them. Yesterday I was only able to get about 2 days of data (and that data didn't want to make decent slices). I may try again later tonight once I get home, or try a different data source. It all depends on how beat I am (I'm sort of dragging today after staying up so late...). Figures this would happen on the first week in several months that I've had significant time restraints.

timmy
11-05-2004, 08:54 AM
i'll scrape saturn tonight so we can do a full slice (no descriptions from saturn tho) if u want to convert to a slice as i don't know how to do that.

ehintz
11-05-2004, 11:01 AM
i'll scrape saturn tonight so we can do a full slice (no descriptions from saturn tho) if u want to convert to a slice as i don't know how to do that.I could give it a go I suppose... I've been using the TivoCan parsexmlguide.pl script though, and I think Jaidev's using Warren's WKTivoGuide. But, if you can get me the same data you're giving Jaidev I can grab WKTG and give it a go. If I don't fall asleep first. :)

timmy
11-05-2004, 05:11 PM
mate... making a partial manual slice. full credit to ya. phew, i tried that b4

ok here ya go...

a 7 day saturn grab. Better than nothing.
Hope you can figure out wtwriteguide ;)

ps the only prob with sky is their site is really really slow.
I have tried implementing a couple of workarounds but they're not
really working out too well. dunno... i'm not the only one having
trouble with their site thats for sure.

link is here as this site has a 39k max file size upload restriction.

data.zip (http://tjv.info/data.zip)

zollymonsta
11-05-2004, 07:06 PM
No.. how do we use wtwriteguide? :)

ehintz
11-05-2004, 07:15 PM
No.. how do we use wtwriteguide? :)Working on it... ;-)

zollymonsta
11-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Working on it... ;-)

Good on ya mate ;-)

I still get a bit confused when you talk about working on an emulator. Are you working on a NZ version of the TiVo iso?

I'm still having lots of issues here too with my TiVo not responding to the remote sometimes, would be interesting to hear if any of you other NZ TiVo lads are too.

ehintz
11-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Good on ya mate ;-)

I still get a bit confused when you talk about working on an emulator. Are you working on a NZ version of the TiVo iso?

I'm still having lots of issues here too with my TiVo not responding to the remote sometimes, would be interesting to hear if any of you other NZ TiVo lads are too.Gahh. I'm not getting decent slices from the output. And I can't have another 2-3am night, so the partials will have to do for now. Dunno if I'll be able to do much on it tomorrow night either, I do volunteer fire training and generally don't get home until pretty late(and considering our training officer's wife is unhappy about lack of guide data he may run me harder tomorrow night-crap runs downhill ;)). If I can get a build environment going on my laptop perhaps I can hack on the train, but that's about the only free time tomorrow.

Emulator-you know about that, it's the TiVo service emulator I setup last month... I know a few folks are using it anyway... Point being, those who use it for guidedata aren't using loadguide.

I've seen the delayed response as well. Didn't see it with my DirecTiVo, but I've never used the standalone in a supported environment so I dunno if that's normal(it isn't for a DTivo). I wouldn't be surprised though with that itty bitty risc processor in there. Not much horsepower in these things.

zollymonsta
12-05-2004, 05:56 AM
Ah.. I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. :)

So, instead of the daily call calling minnie in oz, it calls your website and downloads new guide data, if available?

Yeah, probably whats causing it (processor) I'm surprised there aren't a lot of other people having the same trouble. I think what I'll do when I re-image is not have any additional components running, other than what is on the image (remove tyserver/tyindex and another 1 or two that have slipped in).
Tried a prioritizer script, which seems to have made a teeny weeny bit of difference but theres still lag/no response at times. I'd re-image once a month if it was a lot easier if I had to ;)

deanm
12-05-2004, 06:49 AM
BBC World data available here: Programme Schedule (http://www.bbcworld.com/insite/content/template_schedule.asp?pageid=3)

BBC World schedules are available two months in advance of each transmision month (e.g. January's schedule is made available by 1st November). They are constantly updated, with the main updates uploaded by the Wednesday 10 days before each transmission week.

TXT, CSV and Excel/Spreadsheet compatible. :D

timmy
15-05-2004, 11:16 AM
ok i've managed to make a full 14 day dump. about freakin time ya say eh..
Missing one channel tho, SkyAusNews. stupid sky website...
but it includes the new bbc data source (noted above) as well!! :)

www.tjv.info/data.rar (284kb)

note also i found out what the problem was with the programmes ending short, my apologies for that but it slipped into this one before I realised what i'd done (doh! no backup). ****... anyway might do another grab starting today anyway (takes alot longer to grab now otherwise the sky site gets swamped).

Please see my other thread on guide data ideas...

hmm now when is jaidev getting back? hehe

ehintz
15-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Tomorrow, I hope... :) I've been leaving at 7:30am and getting home after 10pm every night since Wed. If I don't spend a wee bit of time with the wife and kiddo tonight I'm gonna be in big trouble... Might try banging the stuff around tomorrow though. Still, if Jaidev gets back then it should be a quick and easy one for him, since he's already got a workflow...

ehintz
16-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Timmy, you be rockin' and shiznit... ;-)

Most of the data you pulled had no description, so it's not all the way there yet, but I've been able to roll a slice from it. Doesn't go active until about midnight tonight, but beyond that we'll have data for most of the channels(some of the TV1-3 ones had very little data, but the Sky stuff looks pretty good for a week to two weeks). Once jaidev is back and rolls a slice everyone should load his, as it will correctly ID season passes and the like, but until then I think this will do us. Too bad we couldn't get it sorted last Tue... Anyway, the new slice is on the emulator. For you loadguidein' fools, it's here:

http://www.hintz.org/tivo-service/static/listings/AK02113_12552-12569.slice

You will note it's quite small-this is a result of having almost no descriptions. Still, it beats the hell out of "to be announced"...

timmy
16-05-2004, 09:09 AM
hmm i wasn't aware the descriptions were missing. But yes you are correct, my grab has very few of them. will fix and regrab later today.

ehintz
16-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Heh. On the subject of not being aware... Further inspection shows that the slice, for the most part, consists of one listing per channel, per day (the last listing of the night generally, such as 2300 or 2330). I'll have to do some more work here and see if I can figure out why. When I installed it the wife was watching something and I couldn't take too much time looking at the loaded data...

timmy
16-05-2004, 12:21 PM
yeah i noticed the slice was very small, heh :confused:

jaidev
17-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Hello I'm back, check the slice announce thread, a new slice is up.

cheers,
Jaidev

ehintz
17-05-2004, 05:01 PM
And it's on the emulator...

Man, am I glad to see you back... :D

So what sort of hoops did you have to go through on the wktivoguide setup? I'm partly there, but I had that wonky issue of only getting one show/day, which feels rather like some sort of timezone issue...

jaidev
17-05-2004, 06:23 PM
is your stations and web sources file populated with our stations?
it's located in the wktivoguide/Files dir

I use the scripts seperately, in a script of my own
i.e. ./add_data All 0 14

the "All" is all channels in the "stations" and/or "websources" file, and the "0 14" is 14 days...including today...

ehintz
17-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Stations are, but I didn't do websources-didn't think it was necessary since I wasn't using the fetch_data stuff. Maybe that's my problem. Will experiment more. I'm using the same All 0 14 flags, and only getting 1 show per channel, per day, and always the one show running at midnight (usually starting at 2330). Anyway, later this week I'll try populating websources and see if that sorts it.

jaidev
17-05-2004, 09:24 PM
also make sure there are no gaps between lines in your stations file..
Station entries in the stations file have to all upper case and same spelling as grabbed files...

i.e.
TV1 Station/1/7998001 DoNotShift

DoNotShift is do not make any adjustments for timezone, preserves original time in the grabbed data....

cheers,
Jaidev