PDA

View Full Version : Dst

JohnB
26-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for that! Although I've been having time issues for a couple weeks with my Tivo setting it back every 11 hours from time to time, when I do your steps, my clock is still an hour behind the real time. I rebooted, and ran "fixtime.cron" and it still sets it to an hour ago. Have set it manually since but we'll see how it goes.

JustinD
27-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Saw some emails in the list regarding this but I don't seem to get all the emails so I am unsure whats happening. My Tivo is an hour out (as of 8am this morning). Do I need to do something?

Darren King
27-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Have you seen the news post here and tried the procedure therein:?
http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1002

Cheers

JustinD
27-03-2006, 02:25 PM
No. I didn't see this. I ran a search of Oztivo early Sunday and I guess this wasn't posted then. Also, I will need to keep my eye on the other forums.

thanks,

stubbornlikeamule
28-03-2006, 09:24 PM
I've tried all proffered solutions for the DST discrepency.

I tried the TelNet hack, and when I did the md5sum check, all the ouput checksums were correct except for Adelaide (which is my time zone)

I also tried the Daily Call solutions offered by MatthewBordignon and HeathBechaz without success.

Is there another work around for this? Or do I just have to wait until the weekend when the times will be in sync?

Stephen
:confused:

Charlie Crackle
29-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Does this need to be uninstalled before next year ??

CHarles

stubbornlikeamule
29-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I tried the hacks suggested, and when I did the md5um check, all the codes were correct except for Adelaide (which is where I am).

Also tried a couple of daily calls plus rebooting.

Does this mean I'll just have to wait until the weekend to get my TiVo back?

petestrash
01-04-2006, 03:34 AM
I tried the hacks suggested, and when I did the md5um check, all the codes were correct except for Adelaide (which is where I am).

If the md5sum is not correct, then you do not have the correct version of hack/zoneinfo/Australia/Adelaide installed.

You may have a corrupted download or problems with file permissions.

Peter.

petestrash
01-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Does this need to be uninstalled before next year ??

No.

Peter.

JohnB
02-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I have the same problem with every timezone except mine (Melbourne) being updated. I'm trying to look for a place where I can FTP the file manually. I've tried the site that the DST thread suggested in it's command ("rsync -rv 131.244.9.101::oztivo_timezones") but can't find it on the FTP site if it is actually supplied on that too? Not sure what protocol 'rsync' uses to grab files.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to grab the "Melbourne" file or even PM me the /hack/timezone/Australia/Melbourne file from their box (most of them seem to be less than a 1k).

petestrash
02-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction to grab the "Melbourne" file or even PM me the /hack/timezone/Australia/Melbourne file from their box (most of them seem to be less than a 1k).

It's not needed now, as this year was a one off, but I have attached it anyway. drop the .txt off the end before loading it into your TiVo.

Peter

Trevor Henley
02-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I have a similar problem. Tivo's time is correct but Showtime is out by 1 hour. I looked at say TV1 and it is ok seems to be only selected channels. looks like Free to air is also out by 1 hour. Any one with any sugestions?

trax
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
I guess this DST issue is still a problem some dates in guide are out by 1 hour.
I hope everyone have checked any recording schedules...:)

petestrash
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Assuming you have done a daily call today, your tivo should be correct.

There are still some guide issues which did not get resolved today.

look ahead to Monday's listings and see if they are correct. If so, then your TiVo is ok and you'll just have to put up with some bad data for today. You can always get around it by setting manual recordings.

Peter.

JohnB
03-04-2006, 08:08 PM
It's not needed now, as this year was a one off, but I have attached it anyway. drop the .txt off the end before loading it into your TiVo.

Peter
Thanks, Peter. Seems to be working now but I can't say if the file fixed it or not.

petestrash
03-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Glad it works, but doesn't really matter now as the details in the newer file will never be used again.

Peter.