Thread: OzTivo 1.6.2-20080604 Kernel-module version mismatch

OzTivo 1.6.2-20080604 Kernel-module version mismatch

Hi,

I've created the install disk for 1.6.2-20080604. Managed to run step 1 (update), 2 (select disk) but when running step 3 (restoring image) uncompressing does not go further then 377Mb. Kernel errors appear and the process get stuck. Strangely everytime I run it, there are different Kernel errors, but always at 377Mb.

During the boot up process, a warning does occur:
    Kernel-module version mismatch \cloop.0 is compiled for 2.4.27 but is 2.4.33-uc3.

The motherboard is ASUS P45333. PC is rather old, but when I tried my Dell dimension 3100 I was unable to get the IDE drive working (PC has SATA drives).

Surved for Similar kernel errors at software install, but I couldn't find someone else who had experienced the same in the past.

That image has been in use for the last 6 months, but have not seen that error before.

did you check the MD5 checksum was correct for the file you downloaded?

If it's different download again. May also be worth burning again even if the checksum is ok.

Other then that it may just be a PC compatability issue, which we have no current fix for. Try and find another PC.

Failing all that, Try contacting our resident Hardware Guru Darren King. He offers a service installing images for people with Mac's or other not compatible PC's

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Peter, I've downloaded image again, burned it on another PC, and still get exactly the same at exactly the same spot.

Before I contact Darren King, How do I check the checksum of the ISO file?

I tried on another PC, and get even more errors. All at startup. all to do with cloop.

I'll trie a PC at work and see how that goes.... PS, does the disk have to be formatted, and if so, Fat32 or NTFS?

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMusters View Post
    Before I contact Darren King
    No good contacting me. I only deal with TiVo hardware issues, and as my website says you will be kindly asked to take such matters to the forums. This is clearly a software/setup issue.

I tried on another PC, and get even more errors.
    Sounds very much to me like either a PC compatibility issue, or more likely a dud download and/or CD burn issue. As Peter says that install image has been in use for six months now and I have personally downloaded it at least three times and burned/installed it more times than I care to remember all with no problems.

does the disk have to be formatted
    No.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Yippie, Finally success after struggling last night till 3am with miscelaneous PC's.
    Although not required, I just formatted the disc (NTFS due to size), found an "old clunker" and it all worked straight away.
    Can't wait to get home and put it in the TIVO to enter stage 2.
    Thank you all, hope the setup and connectivity runs smoother than creating the disk.