Thread: Tivo HD coming to NZ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to say as soon as they said Telecom only for broadband content I unsubscribed from their list and will look elsewhere. I don't have a phone line and don't want one and want to keep my superior cable internet and ISP thank you. I think the effort involved in setting up a custom box is looking better all the time with all these restrictions on features and services. Even myskyhdi is looking better than TivoHD now.

Free internet traffic

Would you really use the video-on-demand or pay-per-view feature though? I doubt I will so I don't really care that the TiVo internet traffic won't be free on my TC Cable connection. (I also have no analog 'phone line'). It will be the price of the box which might mean that I'm not queuing outside a Telecom store, but will wait till I'm next in Oz or Telecom drop their price.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I have to say I agree with you Skolink - you still get guide data with other ISPs (and it shouldn't effect the home networking package either). The extra "features" like pay per view that are available to Telecom customers are things that I am unlikely to use.

I will be interesting to see what happens when you load an Australian purchased box with a NZ image