Pok

Yes, I can perform the OzTivo conversion service that Darren has been providing that brings existing TiVo?s ?back to life?.

The basic service involves these steps :
? Powering the TiVo up, and verifying that it is fundamentally working OK.
? Disassembly of the unit, replacement of the BOOT ROM memory chip, and update of software to the internal hard drive.
? Internal clean and dust removal then reassembly
? Replacement of perished feet if required
? 24 hour test, monitoring performance, and ensuring program guide and program information is all being updated correctly.
? The basic service retains all your existing recordings.
? Final external clean, repacking.

The cost for the basic service is $50, plus return shipping to you.

Many customers of mine have shipped their TiVo to me. A 5kg prepaid Australia Post satchel works well. There are standard and express options. The TiVo can be wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap, then snugly placed into the satchel and sealed. You can include a second satchel for the return journey.

If I discover any other issues during the initial power up and check, I stop and contact you, explain what I have found to seek approval for further work,

I can provide storage upgrades as well, updates to a 320GB or 2TB internal hard drive to increase your storage space if you want. These upgrades unfortunately cannot retain your original recordings.

To perform the work I need :
? The TiVo box (No antenna cable, No power cable, No remote, No Wi-Fi module
? If you have a 1Tb external expansion drive, I will also need this, with its power supply, and eSATA data cable.

My contact details are :
George Sutherland
GFSdesign
43 Panorama Street
Ashgrove, QLD, 4060
Ph : 0433 734 506
Email : george@gfsdesign.com.au