Thread: IR Codes for Sky KAON NS1120

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes I saw that link, reason I keep trying. Position in mine is too sensitive, mm precision. Still unreliable. Will be interesting to see if anyone else can do better. I suspect either my IR sender of the TiVo itself.

Meantime I am down another more promising track. Built an Arduino system that can read the IR codes from the remote, they are equivalent to the Pronto codes I logged. Not yet got a transmitter working (I am very much a newbie with Auduino and electronics but is great fun). I am looking to get another remote though and I should be able to hack that as a sender and use the TiVo as transmitter. This is a sledgehammer solution but should work.
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

I've been having a go with the 29994 file you produced above Ray. I have been using a UKTivo 2.5.5 for this as I can change codes etc without going into GS etc.
    I have found that the codes select correct channels every time if I set the Tivo for no padded digits ie tivo only sends channel number with no 0 or 00 before. ie. TV1 = 1 only sent not 001.
    This is not an option in the 3.0 US image.

I have also had a brief try at capturing codes as you did on the UK Tivo but found the no directory problem - the fix is further down the Use the OzTiVo to Capture IR Remote Codes With the IrSliceCreator Program page. I did get the program to work but haven't managed to get any results.

I will try the UK Tivo to record Sky next week and report back.