Sounds like you have faulty blocks on the HD (won't be picked up via a Windows scan, but the TiVo sees them and doesn't like it).

I have this problem also. I got around it by keeping recordings (I have two) that show this behaviour. Set them to 'keep until i delete' and renamed them to 'Do Not Delete'. This means these 'bad blocks' in the TiVos eyes are in use and won't be re-used (unless you delete these files).

I haven't seen this behaviour again since I did this (3+ months ago).

Cheers,
ZollyMonsta

Quote Originally Posted by arvesolland View Post
Hi guys,

I've posted here before about sound cutting out on my TIVO.
I am still having this problem, even though it has been less and less, but it seems completely random when it occurs.
Also, when in occurs in my recordings, i hear a little sound as the sound dissapears...a little 'clonk'....and after that the video of the recording starts having problems as well with some artifacts and sometimes jerky playback.

When sound has cut out, it dosent help to change channels ( I think,,,,,,tried it once and as far as i can remember it didnt work, wil try again next time...but i normally only discover the sound is gone when I am watching a recording, and the tivo may already have rebooted o the sound is back on in live tv...)

I've tried doing the grep PALMOD from the kernel log, but I get nothing...but I am restarting every night at 2am,so that might effect the log.....I will try my best to do a dump of the log when I discover that the sound is gone.

Also, I am only using a Austar Digital STB for input, no FTA tuner.

I would just love to know what causes this issue, as I am really starting to get into my tivo's possibilities, i only want to rely on it as well

Thanks

Regards

Arve