Thread: Trying to add a STB to my Tivo Setup

Trying to add a STB to my Tivo Setup

Hey,

I'm trying to add a STB to my existing Tivo arrangement and I was wondering how to start.

I have a Phillips Tivo, Pal-modded by Darren and I believe he made the RCA available as a secondary input.

I have the DSE G7659 digi STB and I have no idea where to start to get it working as the input or how to configure the IR blast codes.

I've looked arround minie and on the forum but all the info i can find seems to be problem solving rather than where to begin from.

any help would be great,

thanks,

A

See the twiki @ ChooseADifferentCodeSet.

Basically you put the TiVo into guided setup mode, which lets you select the inputs and STB you want to use. Then reboot and it should be ready to go.

Peter.

PS if you have a community station in your area, chances are they don't transmit on digital. So if you want to keep them, you will need to continue using the aerial as well. in this case it would be best to redo guided setup fully.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

cool - i can do that, but where do i find the codes for the DSE box, is there any way to know them or is it trial and error? - what's the range? or do i teach the blaster with the STB remote?

thanks for your help,

A

Your model is already stored in our database, just follow the link I gave above and during setup you just select DSE as the box manufacturer and it will give you 2 different codes to test. Just follow the on screen instructions and one of these codes will work for you.

With regards to the blaster, it is very strong and has a range of some metres even bouncing off walls to do the job. But when first setting it up, it would probably be best to have the STB face the TiVo about 1/2 a metre away to make sure the codes are working for you. Then move the STB to its final home.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!