Thread: TiVo Not Changing Channels

TiVo Not Changing Channels

Hello,
    I am setting up a friend's TiVo at the moment and can't get the thing to change channels.

It is a Philips HDR-312 with Philips OzTiVo 1.4 Image. The STB we are using is a TEAC DV-B420.

When we go to change channels through the TiVo, it goes to the black channel changing screen and never comes back. Also, it is not emitting the IR commands to the box as the light on the front does not flash during a TiVo channel change attempt.

Could someone tell me what possibly might be the problem?

Many thanks.

The light on the TiVo only flashes to acknowledge you have pressed a key on the remote. The actual IR signal is not visible to the human eye, but you can see it if you look through a digital still or video camera.

Are you just using the TiVo's built in blaster to change channels or are you using an external blaster cable?

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    The light on the TiVo only flashes to acknowledge you have pressed a key on the remote. The actual IR signal is not visible to the human eye, but you can see it if you look through a digital still or video camera.
    I actually meant the light on the front of the Set Top Box. It flashes whenever it recieves an IR signal. At the moment nothing is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Are you just using the TiVo's built in blaster to change channels or are you using an external blaster cable?
    We're using a blaster cable.

I'm most concerned by the fact that TiVo doesn't ever switch back to a video feed, instead just showing the black screen.

EDIT: We've actually managed to get it working just by rebooting again. Thanks for the prompt reply pete.