Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Logo Slice (NZ)

Logo's not showing

Q: since moving to the Dev emulator on 8000, DJC you mentioned that I should now have the logo's,

Would these replace the yellow dots in the record listing?? or where in the Tivo should I see them.

P.S. I haven't run GS yet if thats the trick to get them working...
    Philips HDR X12
    120G + Turbonet

You will have to go into the web interface of tivo and click on automatically associate logos. (we haven't given them indicies yet)

Be interesting to post up a new thread here in the dev forum on... "Changing to the dev emulator by changing IP..." and post any oddities you find as a result of the transition.

Most of us have at least done a clear and delete ... some a full GS.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

I have the logos now, initialy they the web interface reported no logos found, This was because I had not rebooted since downloading the slice from the dev emulator, after a reboot they appeared and I was able to associate them with the channels.

I think everything is done now on the switch over, I will put together a guide of what I found and what the fixes were.
    Philips HDR X12
    120G + Turbonet

Excellent will be good to have that post.

Don't forget there is a rough cut of a web interface for augmenting show data, stars ratings and replacing those annoying 'No information' empty descriptions.

http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/shows

Also a work in progress (timmy, now handed over to maddog)

http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/epg
    Last edited by DJC; 19-08-2005 at 03:44 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Are we all able to edit show info on the /shows page? Will this actually affect slices that are created?

yes and yes.

[Example ... check out TV3, 8am, programme "Ahhh! monsters"]
    Last edited by DJC; 23-08-2005 at 09:13 AM.

A How To Guide on changing from Ed's emulator to Dev Emulator and also getting logo's would be awesome.

I for one have been keeping an eye on the Dev Forum but am unsure exactly how to change over. I know how to change IP address but am confused as to whether I need to back up season passes and clear out guide data and run GS etc...

I did ask the other week if Dev Emulator would give me data with less "gaps" and was told no - but during some reading tonight in the forums it sounds like it would be more complete data.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by BruceC
    I did ask the other week if Dev Emulator would give me data with less "gaps" and was told no - but during some reading tonight in the forums it sounds like it would be more complete data.
    Still say, the data is sourced from the same place. Perhaps, the processing mechanisms to create slices might be more robust in the dev system. Thats what we are trying to test.

Suggest you pop over hand have a try.

Of course the dev slices can be augmented by the community, which helps to eliminate the 'No information' entries.

Well, after getting sick of seeing "To Be Announced" I changed over last night to the Dev Emulator Port 8000 and all went smoothly and I now have what looks like great data. And after a restart this morning and Automatically associating them I have Logo's which is a nice addition.

For anyone's info. My to do list was:

1) Backup Season Passes
    2) Clear Guide Data (didn't expect it to take more than a few seconds but be aware that it does;-)
    3) Change IP address to Dev emulator port 8000 (ok for me as I had never manually loaded Logo's previously)
    4) Made Daily call via TicoWeb and got large download and data
    5) Forced Index
    6) Restored season passes (FYI - I have very few and after restore it didn't look like it was going to doing anything as To Do list was empty except for my repeating Manual recordings so I took 5 mins to delete and redo my few season passes and then they appeared in To Do List)
    7) Restarted Tivo (pulled power plug because this has previously fixed clock problems on my Tivo - not that I was havingany at this point but I had read about people getting them during this changeover)
    8) Via TivoWeb I "Automatically Associated Logos"
    ALL IS GOOD !

My one question though is:

I have read about having to now put up with messages about lack of data. Is that true. I had them during my changeover obviously due to cleaning out all guide data but now Tivo says it has data to 7 Sept and no new messages overnight so maybe I won't see them again.

If I do, can you still load that C4 sometime in 2011 slice to your Tivo even when running of Dev Emulator?

Cheers Bruce
    (with, touchwood, what seems like awesome Guide Data and a happy changed over Tivo)

I assume this sequence will work for changing from Ed's emulator to orac?
    Just delete guide data, no need to run a complete GS?