Thread: If your having trouble, how about trying the mailing list

If your having trouble, how about trying the mailing list

If your new to the TiVo, and you've tried to find the answer to your question here but haven't found it, how about signing up to/searching the OzTiVo mailing list. Go to the link below. There's lots of good TiVo information there, including a link to sign up to the mailing list

http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view updated 18/6/08

All of the guys who have done all the work in getting the TiVo to where it is in Australia now read this list, and respond to messages quickly. They can deal with difficult questions, as well as the simple questions from newbies.

This list has been going for quite a few years, so almost any question you have, will probably have come up there before.

Charlie
    Last edited by Charliektm400exc; 19-06-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Updated the URL to the OzTiVo Mailing List

Hi,

I went to the link indicated and sent an email to the address it says to on that page but I got an email back saying it was a members only list and I can't find where I join the list ?

Sorry, I have never used a mailing list before so not sure what to do now ?

Thumbs up

If you click on the link, the third heading down says:

Subscribing to oztivo

If you enter in your details, you will get a confirmation email with a link, you click that link, and you can begin posting to the list.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Ex Tivo Owner.
    Philips Tivo
    Version 1.3 Emulator Image from Minnie
    200Gig Western Digital HDD
    No Turbonet or Cachecard
    Slices: Cable Digital FTA

Lightbulb

Hi Guys

FYI your emails to the mailing list must be in plain text format. HTML emails won't be processed by minnie or sent to the group
    Last edited by elarbee; 06-08-2004 at 12:06 PM. Reason: answered my own question
    its not that im lazy, its that i just dont care

Just had a quick look and getting:

"oops, web doesn't exist"

Hi Chris,

Yes - nice catch.

The new URL is http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...iVoMailingList

Cheers, Dave.
    Living Room: US Philips HDR112, Seagate 200Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.5 (20051128), CacheCard (no RAM), Kross STB
    Rumpus Room: US Philips HDR31202, Seagate 120Gb, OzTiVo Image v1.6, CacheCard (no RAM), Tuner Mod, Dual Input Mod
    Additional Hacks: Re-order Season Passes

The link link refers to some site to subscribe ,what is in the link can any one tell me

If you want to subscribe to the mailing list visit:

https://www.oztivo.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/oztivo

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DcubaSary View Post
    Hi,

I went to this webpage to find phentermine alternatives available over the counter indicated and sent an email to the address it says to on that but I got an on the market back saying it was a members only list and I can't find where I join the list ?

Sorry, I have never and a mailing list before so not sure what to do now ?
    If you want off a mailing list, deleting messages won't be enough. Here's how to ... The cleanest way to get off a list is to use the built-in unsubscribe option. That link is ... You can also try an email address from another service.
    Last edited by CaseyAvery; 09-07-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacobayy View Post
    Hi,

I went to the link indicated and sent an email to the address it says to on that page but I got an email back saying it was a members only list and I can't find where I join the list ?

Sorry, I have never used a mailing list before so not sure what to do now ?
    Misspelling of email addresses is a very common reason for emails not being sent. It's very easy to miss out a letter or a dot in an email address, which will result in it not getting through. You should always double check addresses when you're sending to a new recipient to avoid this.
    Last edited by DanielGriffin; 26-11-2020 at 10:12 PM.