Thread: RF Connections

RF Connections

I have been using Telstra T-Boxes in the past, but with Telstra now about to backward nobble the boxes, I will be using my 2 x modded TiVo boxes in their place.

I note the TiVo only has an rf in connection, but in one case for one of the Tivo, I wanted to loop out of the TiVo and into a tv.

What do other people do in this circumstance, as the T-Box had rf in/out.

Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Cheers, I'd probably need something that would boost, as we are already split to 4 rooms with an amp, and our signal is marginal.

Just one little drawback with the Tivo

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Cheers, I'd probably need something that would boost, as we are already split to 4 rooms with an amp, and our signal is marginal.
    It should be easy to find a splitter with amp.

I inherited a 4-way splitter with amp (fed from 240v power through a power brick). I thought it wasn't working for more than a week, until I tried connecting antenna cables without having the power plugged in (probably by mistake) at which point I got good reception on my TiVo and on my TV (which both had basically no reception when connected through the splitter with power). I've been using the splitter ever since with the power brick disconnected.

I'm not sure if you should draw much conclusion from a sample size of one (maybe there is something faulty with the amp in my splitter), but you might want to try a splitter with no amp. I'd keep the receipt and packaging so you can return it if you find it doesn't work for you and you go back to the same store to buy a splitter with amp.

Thanks fellas