Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Prime7 HD EPG data (Channel 60)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    93
    I have just had another idea of something else to try with Prime7 HD, but its complicated and will probably take at least a few days for me (to work out how) to do it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    I have just had another idea of something else to try with Prime7 HD, but its complicated and will probably take at least a few days for me (to work out how) to do it.
    You're doing God's work mate. Cheers.

    hdd.

  3. #23
    Can someone tell me if the guide for postcode 2450 now works or not?

    I am using 2000 as previously suggested, but would like to get a guide for channel 61 Prime 7 off of Mt. Moombil, as naturally, it won't get the epg for that channel.

    I see references on doing a rebug(??) but have not yet seen how to do this process.I will keep searching.

    Thanks

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    93
    The guide data will not (currently) change depending on what post code you put into guided setup, as long as it is an Australian post code which oztivo knows about.
    That's right the post code makes no difference whatsoever to what guide data you receive. (Although we do intend to change that at some point in future.)

    So I think the question you are asking is "Why don't I see guide data for Prime channel 61 in Coffs Harbour?"
    The answer is OzTiVo thinks there is a Prime channel 6 in Coffs Harbour, but no Prime channel 61. In fact OzTiVo thinks there is no channel 61 anywhere in Australia.

    If someone can post output from /hack/bin/station_debug.tcl run on a tivo in/near Coffs Harbour, then I can check whether it has station details for channel 61.
    A previous station_debug.tcl output from Coffs Harbour:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....8554#post18554
    had "NO STATION" for channel 61, which doesn't help.

    Also, if there are details (with server id) for channel 60 (Prime7HD) in Coffs Harbour then I could fill that in when I'm doing Prime7HD for Ballarat and Gippsland.

    In the short term, can you just use channel 6 instead of channel 61?

    Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Can someone tell me if the guide for postcode 2450 now works or not?

    I am using 2000 as previously suggested, but would like to get a guide for channel 61 Prime 7 off of Mt. Moombil, as naturally, it won't get the epg for that channel.

  5. #25
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it, and want to supply the information needed, but as I said on my first post
    I see references on doing a rebug(??) but have not yet seen how to do this process

    Can someone give me a hint what to do to get the info needed to assist me?

    Thank you.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it, and want to supply the information needed, but as I said on my first post
    I see references on doing a rebug(??) but have not yet seen how to do this process

    Can someone give me a hint what to do to get the info needed to assist me?

    Thank you.
    Hi viewer,

    There is some more info on our issues here: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....ing-guide-data

    There is also info further back in this thread about how to do a station debug, but it sounds like its not going to provide any more info toward getting it working until DavidKeegal tests his theory.

    Cheers,

    hdd.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by hidefdave View Post
    Hi viewer,

    There is some more info on our issues here: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....ing-guide-data

    There is also info further back in this thread about how to do a station debug, but it sounds like its not going to provide any more info toward getting it working until DavidKeegal tests his theory.

    Cheers,

    hdd.
    Thank you,

    Although I have read the debug stuff, I have yet to see a tutorial on how to actually do it.

    Most references start of saying "telnet or ssh to your tivo and type "/hack/bin/station_debug....etc"
    That is good, all you have to do is know how to telnet or ssh your tivo, and until I get to this point, I'd say I'm at a dead end?

    Thank you

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    ... know how to telnet or ssh your tivo ...
    1. Find the IP address of your TiVo, it is found in Messages & Settings > Settings > Network.
    - it will look something like 192.123.456.3 or 10.0.0.5 etc, etc.

    2. You need a PC or laptop (etc) connected to the same network as your TiVo.

    3. Open (run) a command-line prompt window on your PC - some examples here https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/

    4. Type "telnet 10.0.0.5" <Enter>
    - don't type the quotes " and type your TiVo's actual IP address. <Enter> means press the Enter key.

    5. The TiVo will respond with S3-tivo/hack $

    6. Type "/hack/bin/station_debug.tcl" <Enter>
    - the slashes (i.e. / ) are required - see the ? key (unshifted).

    7. After a while (be patient) the TiVo will list its channel info.

    8. If you only want to list the entry(s) for Prime FTA channel(s) type "/hack/bin/station_debug.tcl | grep -i prime" <Enter>
    - note the vertical line character (called pipe) is found using Shift-backslash (i.e. \ ). The spaces are required.

    Feel free to ask if you need more detail. BTW I'm just an end user - I don't know anything about the TiVo modifications.
    Last edited by boritz; 03-03-2018 at 11:20 AM.

  9. #29
    Thanks a lot boritz...I'll give that a whirl asap and report back...CHEERS

    edit
    C:\Users\Owner>telnet 10.0.0.8
    'telnet' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    ... 'telnet' is not recognized ...
    What version of Windows are you using?

    This Google search-string may help you to find a way to enable telnet: "windows 10 telnet" or whatever version you are using.

    or this webpage https://social.technet.microsoft.com...et-client.aspx
    Last edited by boritz; 03-03-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •