I could not get any of the existing software push options to work any more. So, I cobbled together a kludgy solution which is a looping VBA script sending keypresses via Telnet to the TiVo on port 31339: see the original documentation of port 31339 here.

The script is attached. TiVo_interface.txt To make it work do this.

First, get PyTivo or TiVo Desktop working on your PC to the point where videos are available to be pulled from your TiVo. You need to be able on the TiVo to navigate to the video files on your PC and queue them for transfer one by one.

Secondly, connect to the TiVo using Telnet fron your PC but instead of the usual port 22 use port 31339. This permits you to input a limited number of codes that mimic the TiVo IR remote. I used PuTTY for Windows but in theory you could use any terminal program. You will need to make a note of what the caption on the window for your terminal program is when connected.

Thirdly, import the text of the attached script into a module in MS Access. Probably with not much work the script could work in any MS program that supports VBA (e.g. Word, Excel) and indeed, with not much more work could probably be a standalone VBS script.

Fourthly, edit the script to suit your situation. You need to change the window title caption in the AppActivate command which presently reads "192.168.1.99 - PuTTY" to match the caption on the window for your terminal program. If you use PuTTY like me then you may only need to change the IP address portion.

Fifthly, edit the script to change the number in the For loop which is presently 72 to the number of items in the folder of video files that you want to upload. This step needs to be repeated each time you run the script.

Sixthly, on the TiVo again, navigate to the folder on your PC that contains the videos you want to transfer. Position the selection highlight on the first item in the list. This step needs to be repeated each time you run the script.

Finally, run the subroutine entitled "QueueGroup" in the script in Access. I do this by selecting that sub then pressing F5. This step needs to be repeated each time you run the script.

You should now see the TiVo UI swing into (very slow) action as the invisible hand of the PC manipulates the TiVo.

You need to repeat the fifth to seventh steps for each folder of videos you have to upload.

You will see that I have built in very generous delays between each step. That is because TiVo can take a long time some times to go between steps in the process and if the keypresses are sent too soon the TiVo and the script will get out of step with unexpected results. You could finesse this. I did not spend too much time refining the script because I only had four folders of videos to do so once I could set it running and walk away I was happy.

I do not expect this will be of much use to anyone but you never know.Use at your own risk. No warranties given. If you are not prepared to lose everything do not even try it.