G'day all,

So, I got my TiVo back from Adam a couple of weeks ago. (Many thanks for a great and quick job, Adam!) I know he did a at least one guide update while it was with him because when I first plugged it in in had new (OzTivo) program guide data and I was able to set up some new season passes, etc.

I'm also 99% sure I managed to do some more guide updates over the next few days. I then had some unrelated network problems (a router basically going bad on me) which caused problems for the TiVo but also for my Fetch box and a few other devices on the network, so I stopped getting guide updates for a bit.

Today I replaced my router and got most things up and running on the network correctly again, but when I went to force the guide to update I continued to get nothing but "failed to connect" errors, more specifically a "N17" errors, much as had for the previous couple of days, but which I'd put down to my other network issues. I double-checked network settings, and even confirmed I could pick up things like my pyTivo shares on the network, so it looked like the TiVo was defainetlyy connecting correctly to at least the local network, but still no contact to the mothership.

Eventually I did a "Delete Program Guide & Top Do List" and even redid the Guided Setup. During Guided setup it happily did the first connection test/process just fine, but I failed with a N17 error again once I reached the stage of downloading the EPG.

I've tried using DHCP and a static IP. I've also tried assigning the Tivo as the DMZ host on the router, in case some weird port blocking was the issue, but with no luck. I will note that once when I was assigning the IP address manually I had the unit spontaneously reboot on me.

Where do I go from here? Are there other logs I can look at somewhere to see why this might be going wrong?

Cheers,

Michael