Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1,000 TiVo's and counting!

1,000 TiVo's and counting!

Ladies and Gentlemen both in Australia and New Zealand:

Today we reached a milestone.

In just under six weeks myself and what is amassing a small army of volunteers, along with others who have requested PROMs from myself and our NZ counterparts to DIY their own units, can announce the following......

Welcome to just over ONE THOUSAND TiVo's on the OzTiVo server and no sign of slowing down.

Well done to not only the volunteers behind the scenes but to all of you who showed faith that this can happen.

Onwards!
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I am one of those lucky 1000 tivo's a big thanks to Darren and all the other people who are working behind the scenes to keep our tivo's alive, thankyou from the bottom of my heart to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen both in Australia and New Zealand:

Today we reached a milestone.

In just under six weeks myself and what is amassing a small army of volunteers, along with others who have requested PROMs from myself and our NZ counterparts to DIY their own units, can announce the following......

Welcome to just over ONE THOUSAND TiVo's on the OzTiVo server and no sign of slowing down.

Well done to not only the volunteers behind the scenes but to all of you who showed faith that this can happen.

Onwards!
    Congratulations Darren and other volunteers! fantastic job! Amazing! very well done!

4. Hi I'm new to this forum. I would like to get a programmed PROM chip and socket, can anyone help?. I did email Darren King to (tivodoctor@gmail.com) but no replay.
    Thanks Ossie

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldo Dominguez View Post
    Hi I'm new to this forum. I would like to get a programmed PROM chip and socket, can anyone help?. I did email Darren King to (tivodoctor@gmail.com) but no replay.
    Thanks Ossie
    Be patient,Ossie.
    I'm sure Darren will get back to you.Remember,he's very busy doing the Tivo mods and has full time job,family etc.
    My dealings with Darren are he's quite amenable and has been very generous with his time.

I did reply but your email address bounced as invalid.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

1000 tivos? Bloody hell that's a lot!

Congratulations, and thankyou to all involved.

8. Quote Originally Posted by andymoz View Post
    Be patient,Ossie.
    I'm sure Darren will get back to you.Remember,he's very busy doing the Tivo mods and has full time job,family etc.
    My dealings with Darren are he's quite amenable and has been very generous with his time.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise that Darren had so many Tivos to work on. He mentioned below that his reply bounced - I'll try to message him directly through this forum.

Thanks, Ossie

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    ...just over ONE THOUSAND TiVo's on the OzTiVo server and no sign of slowing down.

Onwards!

Yes well done to all!! A great milestone and a terrific effort!!

I'm also one of the lucky ones who have benefited and I am really grateful to Darren and the entire team behind the scenes.

I'm willing to help in any testing if required - I have a spare unit good enough for that (and HDDs of various sizes).

WOW, just Wow! I had no idea there were so many people who were so keen to keep them going. I think it say a lot about the tech savvy-ness (new word?) of Australians that we would take this challenge on. Next step - getting multi-room to work??

BTW my special thanks to Darren who gave me 3 chips gratis. Many thanks for your generosity.