Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating of Guide

Updating of Guide

My TiVo working fine for some time now after upgrade.

I notice, in the menu's to do with the guide, it keeps saying something along the lines of "only 2 days of guide data left", and a message tells you to connect to update it.

Do I have to manually do this, or if I leave it, will it simply update itself before the guide runs out?

Thanks

I saw this in the FAQ. May be a solution...

http://hd.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/...isNonagChannel

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Do I have to manually do this, or if I leave it, will it simply update itself before the guide runs out?
    In my experience I have to trigger the update manually. I am trying to find a way to trigger it automatically. It is (in theory) possible to telnet into the TiVo and add a cron job but the unknown for me is what command to run. The interface between the Linux operating system and the TV app side I find difficult. Maybe there is a TyDB file on the MFS partition that can be tweaked using dbset.

I use TiVo Series 3 (HD).
    I haven't see a message about "only 2 days of guide data left".
    Currently OzTiVo for Series 3 is only supplying guide info for 3 days at a time (today, tomorrow, the day after).
    I don't think we have a Nonag channel for S3.
    For me connecting to TiVo service (which gets new guide data) happens automatically about every 25-26 hours, but it can be manually triggered with Messages & Settings > Settings > Network Settings > Connect to TiVo service now.
    In Network Settings it should say "Next attempt" with the date and time when it will next try to connect automatically to tivo service. There should be no need to use cron for connecting to tivo service.

Forgive me please, but I am ever so confused.

I had the TiVo in standby mode, all lights off, but still wireless connected to the internet.

I just turned it on, and it has the message that info is running low, and it only has one day of info left.

Can't it access the guide/mothership in standby mode?

The standby mode is in settings.

It turns it off, you see no lights on the front, it is awoken by pressing the Tivo button

G'day again viewer,

Sorry about my 'wrong' reply. I have never had occasion to use that Standby.

Shows how much I know; however, I'm willing to learn.

I don't know what connections are still 'live' in Standby mode, but it may pay to google for an answer if you don't have a Tivo Manual.

I will endeavour to find out myself, seeing as I've learned a bit so far. No point in going off half prepared.

I hope someone else comes up with an answer to your problem in the meantime.

Regards

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cpab View Post
    G'day again viewer,

Sorry about my 'wrong' reply. I have never had occasion to use that Standby.
    Don't be silly saying sorry....I am only new, and to me, no question/reply is wrong, it is all knowledge....I'm just happy someone is replying, and these threads are being used.

Hopefully a skilled up person will be able to let this newbie know what to do?

At this stage, I have little trust in setting up season passes, and will have to possibly continue setting a record via the tv guide?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidKeegel View Post
    There should be no need to use cron for connecting to tivo service.
    Unless you want to avoid having to trigger it manually, which I do.