Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update advice for rookies, from a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    I can't find that and not required. Generally this is the sequence:

a C&DPI to delete existing guide data
    manually delete your old season passes
    if required due to time being wrong do a guided setup and set your postcode to your states CBD
    Sorry Darren, I mixed up my processes. The guide just recommends a C&PDI, not a C&DE. I will edit my previous post.

"It is important not to get guide data (which happens during Connect to TiVo Service, including the automatic daily connects) from the OzTiVo server before doing CPI&TDL."
    Last edited by Timbosaurus; 04-12-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbosaurus View Post
    Sorry, mixed up my processes, just recommends a C&PDI, not a C&DE. I will edit.

"It is important not to get guide data (which happens during Connect to TiVo Service, including the automatic daily connects) from the OzTiVo server before doing CPI&TDL."
    So what happens if you do get guide data first?

Quote Originally Posted by andymoz View Post
    So what happens if you do get guide data first?
    For me? nothing bad happened at all.

I connected, then did a C&DE, then a guided setup. And all is good.

Hi guys, Michael here. Also just finished my first TiVo mod, all went well. Thanks to Darren for the chip and the guide.

My advice for rookies updating is to make a note of the orientation of the old PROM before you remove it. The square chip has one flattened corner you can reference to, a quick photo of the board before you start work will help.
    Yes I agree soldering the socket pins was a pain, but with the centre piece trimmed out I managed it with only a little bit of swearing. I used a hot glue gun on the sides of the socket to hold it in place while soldering.

My TiVo used wireless connection before the mod, and it had no problem connecting to the network after clearing the season passes and to to list etc... Took a few hours but ended up getting program guide. Unfortunately it only showed the guide for ABC and SBS channels, everything else was to be announced. So I ran a guided setup and set my postcode to Brisbane 4000, (I'm actually in the Wide Bay postcode 4650) but same result. So right now I am going to wait a few days to see if it comes good before investigating further. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Timbosaurus View Post
    For me? nothing bad happened at all.

I connected, then did a C&DE, then a guided setup. And all is good.
    Just to emphasize this point; a C&DE will remove your MAK(Media Access Key) if you had one previously and you won't be able to transfer recordings between your PC and or other Tivos without a MAK.
    Last edited by cpab; 04-12-2017 at 05:46 PM.

I had no worries using wifi for both my guided set ups..the system also automatically did the 140 value on both, the usb boot thingo showed up the TiVo drive straight away, my guide works fine, albeit it does take some time, but you can see the progress in messages/settings/network/progress.