Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incorrect time zone - post code issue?

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the HNP package and is it still there? Only reason I ask is that on the faq it says you can lose the networking package, but Skutter mentioned earlier in this thread that he still has his....and I need to take his advice and back up a disk image.
    I don't have the HNP so I can't comment sorry.

And it didn't work anyway: I changed to interstate postcode 3000 (which worked) then tried again my capital city (5000) and still the same S03 And yet, it still accepts my local 5xxx code (with wrong clock).

And btw the clock is exactly the same on postcode 3000 (off by half hour) so maybe 5000 wouldn't have fixed it anyway.

The curious thing is as it's connecting during guided setup with postcode 5000 the "loading info" gets all the way to about 75% and then suddenly S03's.

edit: tried a few other 5xxx postcodes around the CBD, none of which work. And yet my local 5xxx postcode which is a lot further from the CBD does work. btw the white debug "print to screen" text reports dial code 140 before I'm trying to connect.

Guess the only thing left to try now is leave it unplugged for 2.5 days until guide data runs out then try again.

edit 2: one curious thing I did notice is the dial code shows 140 in the system info page but shows 000 on the screen where you enter it. Maybe I need to enter 140 in there as well.
    Last edited by pneumatic; 07-12-2017 at 12:17 PM.

So I waited till the guide data ran out (last night ~11pm) then waited overnight till 1:00pm today just be sure, empty season passes and to do list, manually set dial code to 140, check dial code is showing 140 (TFA=1) on system info page, then chose repeat guided setup, input postcode 5000, connecting to server, gets to 73% loading info and bong S03

Anyone else out there successfully using postcode 5000?

My data also ran out without refreshing, I went to the network tab, started it off, went back later to see it all finished. Looked at the guide...zippo. Told it to connect again, 2 days data this time.

I'm sure mine is not connecting every time, but the menu's get the ticks and the % graph grows showing it working.

Only by manual update though, not automatic like I believe it should...I wonder if this is why my season pass won't work?

Not sure when this happened exactly, but about two weeks ago we noticed the time had fixed itself - or to be precise someone or something fixed it - so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Not sure when this happened exactly, but about two weeks ago we noticed the time had fixed itself - or to be precise someone or something fixed it - so thanks!
    Have a look at:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....8793#post18793

You're welcome!

PS: You could have fixed it yourself before late March 2018 by doing Guided Setup with your capital city postcode (eg: 5000 or 6000).