Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
Guided Setup should now be working from the Oz Mothership. So if you do a C&DE on an already patched image (Dialcode 140) it should work.
Thats great news. Well done guys!

Either get an image from Darren or get a copy if winmfs (note has to be run as administrator) and use it to make a truncated backup of the HDD on your working TiVo. That will be an already patched Oz image and presumably have the correct post code. Use winmfs to restore that image to new HDD (same size or larger than the HDD you backed up) for your spare TiVo (must me hardware modded). When you boot the TiVo it will complain but should eventually work. Using the .tbk I don't think you will need to do a Clear and Delete Everything, but if you do, as noted above, Guided Setup should now be working from the Oz Mothership.
Thanks for the detail!

The main tivo hasn't been PROM'd, or touched at all to be honest. It is just being used as a dumb tuner without guide, and to play the saved recordings for the kids. I was hoping to mess with the spare as practice first

I'll go and backup the main tivo now, copy the tkb over onto a new HDD for the spare tivo (which has been socket'd and PROM'd), patch it, boot it, and see what happens.

I just assumed it would see a mismatch with the TSN on the HDD, and without the tivo server I would not be able to clear and reset everything. But I honestly don't know how many places the TSN is stored/checked/validated, and what it takes to align them all.

Thanks,
Tim