Betabob,

I think we need some more information from you to help you further.

Are you saying you get an error which says "Failed While Negotiating" when you Connect to TiVo Service? Does the error message say anything else? Does it happen before you get to Preparing/Loading/etc?
Which Dial Code are your currently using? You can check that by going to Messages & Settings > Account & System Information >System Information and scroll down to Dial-in Configuration Code and look for a 3 digit number (followed by ", TFA=0"). If you are using OzTiVo software then you should expect that Dial Code to say 140.

If your tivo is running OzTiVo software then you should have ssh access which (among other things) will let you transfer system files (including logs) from the tivo. If your PC is Windows, I suggest you download and install WinSCP on your PC. Then you can run WinSCP to copy files from your tivo (Host name = the IP address or DNS name of your tivo, Port number = "22" (the default), User name="root" and Password is whatever you set when installing the OzTiVo software). I suggest copying /var/log/tclient (and perhaps the old log, /var/log/Otclient) from the tivo, that should have some information about what happened during the attempt to connect to tivo service. If you are not sure how to interpret that, you could post excepts from the tclient log here.