Thread: NEW sky tvguide data processing

NEW sky tvguide data processing

Hi,
    I have managed to pull down sky data from Vodafone, was originally going to code it in python (after teaching myself more python),
    but have just discovered the excellent webgrab+ program actually can pull data from Vodafone nz. Already had this installed on my server.

Processing the data into the expected XML format will take some time, as the output of webgrab+ (xml) is slightly different to the current xml
    datafile.

The new tvguide data will miss todays upload to the TiVo server (11:30am), but may be in it tomorrow 21 Jan. Keep an eye out for hopefully
    better data, but it may be corrupt/wrong for a few days until the format is sorted out.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

Managed to get some test data ready for upload today. Only 12 Channels in test data, but it "should" only affect guide data for next Thursday or Friday.
    i.e., only those 12 channels will have guide data.
    I will endeavour to get the rest of the channels loaded once the test data seems to have loaded ok..

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

hmmmm, not quite there. just noticed that webgrab+ duplicated tv1's data for all channels. Very odd. Removed all channels and just added sport 2 and it
    got the data fine. So, your TiVo may show 12 channels all with tv1's data!
    getting there.

ok, data was bad, but now fixed up/collated via powershell script. Uploaded data for tv1,tv2, tv3, bravo, food, living ONLY.
    Test program name was put in food TV called DATATESTENTRY so it can be searched for to see if new data is loading.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

I have had mysky installed. New sky box was unavailable so they put in a mysky hdi box instead. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. in fact the postives vs the negatives still make the experience better than the TiVo. being able to record 3 at once is great. fast forward and rewind is crappier, slower and no progress bar. Having HD on 1,2,3, prime for free (didn't realise this until I got it) is great.
    I have plugged the hdmi out via a four way hdmi splitter to all my tvs/projector, and then plugged the composite out in to the TiVo. The TiVo outputs to all TV's via composite splitter, as it always has. This means I can dub anything on the mysky box on to the TiVo. Reminds me of the old days with 2 vcr's. Also means at the start of each week I can look at the TiVo and see what it has scheduled to record and make sure the mysky box does the same. Still miss wishlists but there you go. Might write a program to pull tv listings on the pc and run through a wishlist on the pc and pop up new programs.
    So that's it for TiVo for me... since 2001... first 4 tivos in the country I believe (before nztivo), one of our guys worked with tridge on PALMOD. oh well.

Cheers,
    Divxmaster

I'm still persevereing with TiVos but have no guide data since 4th March on either TiVo. Is the server up and running?
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

Database needed repairing, guidedata should be there tonight.

Guide data starts on Wednesday morning :-)
    Many thanks Wibble for keeping our machines alive.

Yep, thanks from me too!
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 320GB, oztivo 1.6.2, NZ Emulator (8000), Akl Sky Digital Satellite

Thanks to all who keep this alive, because of the imminent demise of the Freeview HD TiVo service, I am dusting off a Series 1 and reconnecting.