Thread: Still able to get upgraded 2 years on?

Still able to get upgraded 2 years on?

Evening OzTivoers,
    Been many a years since being on this forum. The other month i unpacked a box and came across my old Tivo i had got from HN at the height of Tivo here in Australia. Im sure it still has many recording on it actually since i never wiped it just packed it away.
    So i plugged it all in and fired it up and comes up withe welcome screen and please wait booting until it goes into loop of doing these 2 screens. so no idea if the hard drive has failed or is failing or this is just the normal with the service is no more and cant verify so just reboots over and over.

So now in 2019 in Brisbane im trying to decide if it is worth the while and whether its too costly to get it modded and if it is still possible and if anyone still does it around central Brisbane. Otherwise really being a paper weight it might be time to be sent off to the tivo graveyard. An look for a new PVR. Thought id pose the question though before starting to go down that path.

It sure is able to be used again. Send me an email and I will give you the Australia wide contacts (yes there are some in Brisbane, and for the NZ counterparts several there too!). I don't make the list public only as it is a "live list" of volunteers and is subject to change so I don't want outdated info posted on a forum that may end up out of date.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!