Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IR Codes for Sky KAON NS1120

I've been having a go with the 29994 file you produced above Ray. I have been using a UKTivo 2.5.5 for this as I can change codes etc without going into GS etc.
    I have found that the codes select correct channels every time if I set the Tivo for no padded digits ie tivo only sends channel number with no 0 or 00 before. ie. TV1 = 1 only sent not 001.
    This is not an option in the 3.0 US image.

I have also had a brief try at capturing codes as you did on the UK Tivo but found the no directory problem - the fix is further down the Use the OzTiVo to Capture IR Remote Codes With the IrSliceCreator Program page. I did get the program to work but haven't managed to get any results.

I will try the UK Tivo to record Sky next week and report back.

Glad someone is having more luck than me. Thanks for the IRSlice hint, almost got it to work. What I have done now is reprogram my Pronto using the IR codes sent out by TiVo to Sky and using that I get good results. This confirms to me that we are nearly there. What I did also find was that contrary to one of the links above you get much better results if the blaster is further away from the Sky box. I now have it about 100mm in front approximately in line with the buttons. This seems to work almost 100% for single digits and 50% for multiples. Still need to get multiples working better.
    Sky.jpg
    In case it helps I also attach the modified TCL file which for me gives near perfect imitation of the KAON codes as measured by the Pronto. KAONNS1120 new.zip
    TiVo series 1 UK Thomson, Cachecard, 500GB, Sky Digital
    TiVo series 1 USA Philips, Turbonet, 230GB, Freeview Dish TV

@Islander,
    I'm a little confused by version numbers, is the uk TiVo running 2.5.5, not running nztivo? Or does it run nztivo, but part of it is rom hardcoded to act differently?
    Can we load uk 2.5.5 on to a us Philips TiVo?

Cheers,
    Mike.

The Uk 2.5.5 image I am using is here: ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install_images/ the RC1 version. There were some tweaks to make it run but from memory these were for the, now useless, PAL tuner frequencies.

I tried some years ago to run this in a Philips / Sony TiVo but had problems as there are hardware differences such as the Scart connections. I think that it would be possible to resolve the problems but would take a bit of effort.

Ray I have just loaded your new code file into my Sony TiVo.

So far it has behaved very well with only one failure in approx 20 channel changes. I have had one successful recording on the new codes.

My blaster placement is on top of the box with the LED about 15mm in front of the IR receiver window. (left hand side with ir symbol). This seems to work well.

Ironically when I was halfway through loading the new code Sky rang to offer me 3 mths free MySky! They must have a camera loaded into the box.

Now off to the calendar to make a MySky cancel reminder in 3 mths time. :-)

I wonder how MySky will work with the TiVo? Time will tell.

@Islander,
    I certainly would be interested to see if the TiVo works with mysky. I seem to recall it uses different IR codes, maybe even pace ones.
    On a side note, I still have had no contact from sky whatsoever to replace my sky box. oh well...

Cheers,
    Divxmaster