Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: erm What's happening with Tivo???

erm What's happening with Tivo???

I was in JB today asking about getting a Tivo unit... short story no new stock for 4 months... sold out... rep quit... JB guy can't get a reply to any emails or phone calls for the last 4 months... I also see posts about no support... rumour from JBguy was that Tivo are hoping to get another company to run Tivo in Australia

soooo....

My DVD recorder died... saw Tivo at a friend's place and I'm keen.. (use IQ for foxtel) but can anyone assure me all is well???

HNorman have the 1Terrabyte unit for under $600 (without cable or wireless adapter)

I haven't spoken to anyone at hybrid for months.

I thought JB & DSE and were dropped from Distribution (despite the mytivo website showing otherwise). Only some stock remains at some of these stores.

Hybird seems to be concentrating on the various Harvey Norman brands.

As to TiVo's Future who knows?

Robbee has left hybrid and it obviously is not the big money spinner they expected, but I doubt Channel Seven would leave customers in the lurch.

There was a rumour Hybrid were waiting for new boxes based on the UK ones, but not sure if this is more then just wishful thinking.

Pete

PS some DSE stores still have the 320Gb unit for $449, and likely cheaper if you haggle.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

ah Thanks for that...now have to decide if Tivo or another PVR

If you know of someone coming over from New Zealand, you could get them to bring one over, as 320Gb units are NZ$299. Ironic since we got our brought over from Oz when they were NZ$920 here and AU$499 there.
    They are even cheaper on Trademe (our Ebay) since Telecom are giving them away free.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I have been told of new TiVos for $199.00 in NZ(320Gb).

Never thought any piece of tech would be cheaper in NZ. This must just about be a first.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I have been told of new TiVos for $199.00 in NZ(320Gb).
    Yes, at Noel Leeming for a couple of days after Christmas. A family member missed out and paid 'full' price.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Anniversary Weekend had them at Noel Leeming for $199 and Waitangi Weekend had them at $199 at Bond & Bond. Telecom still posted at $499.

9. Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    There was a rumour Hybrid were waiting for new boxes based on the UK ones, but not sure if this is more then just wishful thinking.
    I know this is an old'ish post, but I thought I'd comment anyway.
    I would have thought this is unlikely, since the UK Virgin TiVo's are Cable only boxes, aren't the Oz TiVo's based on Digital Terrestrial?

yeah, just rumours.

From what I understand of the relationship with Hybrid and TiVo, Hybrid pay directly for any development work.

So since Hybrid are not making much from TiVo, it is unlikely that they are paying for any development work on new models for AU/NZ.

Pete.