Well it has been over 9 months since my last post regarding my Tivo woes.

I did finally get a replacement unit, but in order to get them to enable the network package that I ordered months before that, I had to withhold the return of my first faulty unit untill it was done.
Funny how that got them working, and more excuses about wrong email addresses and lost in the wrong queue...... all rubbish of course.

Of course the bad news is the replacement Tivo has exactly the same problems as the first. The picture breaks up every few seconds.

Given that the problem has now happened with 2 units, I thought it must be a problem with the incoming signal.

Well last weekend much to the amusement of my neighbours I re-did my whole antenna system including raising it another 6.5m on a guyed mast.

Everything about it is either new or checked, but although I seem to have reduced the problem, picture breakup still occurs.

It happens on every channel and I have checked the signal strength and it ranges from 85 to 99, depending on the channel.

I then read somewhere that picture breakup can be caused by a bad HDD and running out of buffering whilst trying to write to bad sectors. But I have had 2 units do exactly the same thing?

I also read that it can sometimes be apparent when using HDMI. I am still to try switching back to composite to see if that is the case.

So while I have improved things, I still have the problem, so any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Rohan