Thread: NZ TiVo Newbie? Start Here...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Aha!

Okay, I re-ran guided setup as per Ed's instructions, worked a treat, now have guide data.
    However, still can't run scripts... ? weird.
    Happy for now.

Tim, I tried sending you a private message, as your email doesn't work with the .info site being down.
    I would like to help out in anyway I can with the NZ efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by fixxer37
    Okay, I re-ran guided setup as per Ed's instructions, worked a treat, now have guide data.
    However, still can't run scripts... ? weird.
    Happy for now.

Tim, I tried sending you a private message, as your email doesn't work with the .info site being down.
    I would like to help out in anyway I can with the NZ efforts...
    Hey, do you have guide data for UKTV? I've been wanting someone to do a fresh install so I can find out if the current headend slice is working right, so it sounds like maybe you can help me out here... Also I'd be curious to know if you have the NoNag channel at 99... Thanks, and welcome to the forums.

Emulator is running sweet

Hey,

Yes and yes. I have now done the emulator install 3 times today. And I can confirm UKTV listings, and NoNag on 99.
    Once I had it all going, I decided to do it agian, replacing cables with S-Video. However, I was appalled ad the quality/oversaturation (it was grainy too) which did not go away even after the palmod.conf as per tjv.info. So I did it again with Composite from Sky to Tivo and S-video to my TV.
    All is crystal!
    I noticed on one of the installs, the timezoneadj30 worked fine for timezone 2113, but not this latest time. However, the clock is correct so far. I have done the Pacific/Auckland mod prior to trying it too.
    Why does the timezones file have Auckland as 0800 instead of 2113?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with..

hey dude, yeah the information on my tjv.info (or my alternative domain, tjv.org.nz -ugh) is out of date. should take it down, shifted that content onto the nztivo.net wiki site. tho that site is not intended to be an endpoint for people either, more for getting people started or pointed to the right direction at least. tho haven't bothered to update those pages, nor has anyone else tho, maybe noone can be bothered either or they dont like the site or the fact that its on asp.net, oh well... if anyone wants to put on a php wiki or something else by all means..

Emulator link on nztivo.net

Tim,
    I had to go through the IP version of the .info site, because (is it just me?) the emulator link on the .net site goes to a topic editor...

Ok, great news on the headend info. I've been fighting it for over a week now and at least in my case the Tivo isn't groking the new FSID for UKTV or the addition of NoNag. So it's very helpful to know that the headend at least is kosher. Now I just need to figure out the method for telling the things there's a lineup change and we should be golden (and by we I mean those of us who have been on the emulator prior to last week or so).

As for timezone, IIRC the proper setting is 0, as far as the machines are concerned we're all GMT. Regardless, if you're up and running ok, I'd go with the ain't broke don't fix it mentality...

A little gotcha - parental control

An interesting little tip/trick - OK, it's only interesting because it happened to me... If your household permits, set your parental control on the Skybox to the most liberal setting. If the channel your Tivo is resting on has activated the parental control limit, the STB will be expecting the code, or a back arrow/return. When Tivo wakes up to record, the IR blaster's attempt to change the channel will fill the first three digits of the code, and you will record 30 - 60 minutes of the "Please enter password" screen. Doh!!

Another way around it might be to program a return arrow at the beginning of every change channel command, but that just seems to hard...

Brian