Thread: "To be Advised"... please help in QLD

"To be Advised"... please help in QLD

Hi there,
    I'm in QLD- Brisbane, and have had a problem with my Tivo since Monday. When I click on the guide, each show says 'To be Advised' and 'Unavailable at the time of publication' this is the 4th day of seeing this message! Have rebooted the system, reconnected network connections- it appears the wireless internet is connected and working, but it still keeps displaying the above messages. It was working perfectly before this.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or know why it is doing this?

Thanks for your help

Just clarify, you have guide data but there is on detail for each show? Do you mean when you select each channel is says 'to be advised'?
    When you say it appears the wireless network is connected and working, have you tested it by pinging your TiVo, or bringing up the TivoWeb interface?
    When does your TiVo say the last successful daily call was?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Also, as you are new here can you clarify if you are using a series one TiVo or an Australian TiVo HD.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

We have an Australian Tivo HD. Went in to Harvey Norman and told them about our problems (which also included every time we changed the channel it would make a high pitched feedback type of noise), and they switched out the box and gave us a new one. Now we are trying to install it and we are getting this message: N18 Network Error- Failed to negotiate. We are guessing this might have something to do with our wireless router- possibly need to turn the firewall off? Really not sure at this stage. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know
    Thanks.

I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum area.

Your problems might be better solved through the official TiVo help desk. I've personally never come across any of the issues you have mentioned and one thing that puzzles me is if the first TiVo was successful at being set up then so should the second one assuming you have used the same method of network connection.

The only one other thing that I am assuming is that you have registered the changeover unit too?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Question

(Thanks Darren for moving my post )
    We have disabled our firewall on our wireless router and assumed it would work, but no luck. During setup it finished 'preparing', then when trying to 'connect' it comes up with the message: 'failed while configuring'

Now, it turns out my original problem of the tv guide not coming up was due to the fact that we originally connected directly to the internet (not wirelessly) and the weeks worth of tv guide downloaded, when that 'ran out' being that we were now wirelessly connected it could not download the current tv guide. So I am guessing our problem is something to do with the wireless internet. Getting pretty frustrated.... I'm sure it's something quite simple to fix. Not sure where to go from here!
    Oh and yep, we have registered the new box.

Wireless networking

First step is to turn off all security on your wireless network - MAC address filtering, WEP / WAP etc.
    Once you have it working you can turn it on, one feature at a time.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

(Thanks Skolink )
    I disabled the security devices and then tried to reconnect however it is still listing the 'failed while configuring' prompt.

I contacted my wireless router company and they suggested I create a virtual server by entering my Tivo's IP. Does anyone know how I would locate my Tivo's IP address? It was also suggested that Tivo may require that certain ports be sent to the Tivo via my wireless router. Does anyone know how I might find this out?

Thanks

Port forwarding

There is no need to 'pin hole', 'port forward'. or create a 'virtual server' for your TiVo, just as there is no need to for a laptop etc unless you are using P2P file sharing or actually running a server.
    It will simply be a matter of your wireless adaptor not connecting to the network, or your TiVo not obtaining an address from the DHCP server built into your router.
    Read the MAC address printed on your wireless adaptor, then log onto your wireless router and see if it is listed under 'wireless clients'. If it isn't then you need to sort out why before you look into IP addresses etc.
    Someone who owns a TiVoHD can advise on where to find the address and the other network information on the TiVo. It should be in the setting or preferences menu somewhere.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I'm not at home, but you will find the current settings in settings > Networking.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!