Thread: Tivo HD coming to NZ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NZMarke View Post
    I guess the big question is whether the EPG data will include Sky channels.
    The TiVoHD has no AV inputs, so cannot be used with a Sky or any other box - it can record only terrestrial digital broadcasts received via the UHF antenna - ie "FreeviewHD" channels only. The Sky EPG would be of no use on the TiVoHD.
    Perhaps Sky might start broadcasting a terrestrial digital signal, but I don't know if TiVoHD software is capable of decryption and subription to pay-TV channels.
    Our Seires 1 TiVo's probably won't become redundant for a long time.
    Last edited by Skolink; 30-03-2009 at 09:27 AM.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Confirmed ...

You are quite correct - this was confirmed via a query on the mytivo.co.nz website. So Series 1 keep rocking!
    Bit of a shame really - it would have been a killer box if it had AV inputs.

TVNZ suggested in the response they are open to a deal with Sky for broadcasting Sky content via Terrestrial digital .. but I don't see that happening somehow! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    The TiVoHD has no AV inputs, so cannot be used with a Sky or any other box - it can record only terrestrial digital broadcasts received via the UHF antenna - ie "FreeviewHD" channels only. The Sky EPG would be of no use on the TiVoHD.
    Perhaps Sky might start broadcasting a terrestrial digital signal, but I don't know if TiVoHD software is capable of decryption and subription to pay-TV channels.
    Our Seires 1 TiVo's probably won't become redundant for a long time.
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 1 x 250GB, NZ Emulator - Satellite (Sky Digital)