Hi all!
Although I have almost no experience with Linux, I decided to do this. I am buying a Philips HDR212 and want to upgrade the hard drive and most importantly do the PAL Mod hack. I have been reading about this here but it is really confusing for me. So, please explain some questions that I have and possibly in less technical language

Things I will do with Tivo:

I will use it in a PAL B country connected to digital satellite box. I would love to be able to integrate the program guide the TV company offers. However, no program guide is avaliable like zap2it, etc. over the internet. At least if I can assign the channel numbers to Tivo so I can change channels from the Tivo instead the satellite box, it would be great. Manual recordings would be a lot easier but it is not very important. Most important thing is to use timeshifting feature I don't want the unit to dial Tivo servers as it would be an international call Renaming manual recordings/schedules would also be great. This is pretty much it so, where to start?

I have burned the mfstools2.iso file onto a CD and that's it. I am not sure what I need to do after. Is there any image that will do everyting automatically or I need to do everything seperatly such as PAL mod hack, program guide integration (if possible), etc.? I want to use a 120GB hard drive for this unit.

Basically what do I need for my needs and some other hacks/tricks you recommend? I read almost all of the hacks but some are very hard to understand as what it actually does. Thanks guys!