Hi All,

I have PMed a member here (copy paste the message I sent here) and would like to get also your opinion.

I read that Tivo can be set to Pal so, it is usable in Europe. I will not need the tuner because I am thinking to use a satellite box. I really don't need the program guide, can't get it anyway. Being able to stop, replay, manual recording, etc. are my needs. Is it too hard to change the input so it can receive Pal signals? Which Tivo to get? I found on some on Ebay, Philips HDR212, can this be hackable regardless of the software version or Series I or II? I am not too happy that it has only 20 hours of recording, but can upgrade the HD for bigger size. Dialing is not a problem as I can add a Turbonet for broadband. Oh one more thing I am thinking 120 volt vs. 240Vac will not be problem without a voltage converter, correct? Thanks a bunch!

Here is the most critical question When you are doing the Pal hack, do you have to have the hard drive and the unit that will have the hack at the same time or if I send someone an empty hard drive who can do this hack and when I put it back in my unit, it works? I am not good with Linux at all but if I have to do it, I will, hopefully 