Thread: Slowing Down Learned IR commands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for that information. I had been following your thread, and your posts at remote control central etc.. looking for the flinders codes.

I don't believe, at this stage it is possible for the TiVo to reproduce the codes for the flinders box, as they seem to require a more intelligent software handler than what we currently have.....similar to the software applications in the Pronto, or Harmony learning remotes.....which have no problems with these codes, or other codes that use toggle bits!

What I am attempting to do is create a hardware solution, which will use a IR code the TiVo CAN reproduce, and then use this code to address the corresponding button on the flinders remote. (using the custom IC from a replacement Flinders remote). It's by no means an ideal solution, but it will get the job done.

I hope to have a fully working unit up and running towards the end of this week (all going well), and will post pics etc when ready. I will start a new thread........as this is starting to get away from the original topic.

Thanks again,

Bruce
    Last edited by Brucep; 20-10-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

According to Philips:

The RCMM protocol is proprietary; an NDA would be required to obtain the protocol description.

It must be in the same vault as the Broadcom BCM7020 and BCM7040 datasheets !!

Thanks

Hi Brucep

Thanks for the info. Please keep me in the loop with developments.

Kind regards and felicitations

Chris.

Hmm. I wonder if the ir code handler in Myth TV could handle these codes... that runs under Linux and is tinkerable with.