Thread: Slowing Down Learned IR commands

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slowing Down Learned IR commands - Austar Flinders IR Translator

Hi All,

I am in the process of building a IR translator, so I can control the Austar Flinders box with my TiVo. I have basically resigned myself to the fact that the Austar remotes are not something the TiVo can learn (after 3 days of every combination of config); so Im trying to build a small hardware translator to solve my immediate problem. At this stage, and just for testing, I have basically built a PIC micro based 10 channel receiver, using the Philips RC5 protocol, then purchased one of the off the shelf replacement Austar remotes from Electus for $15, and literally soldered my optocoupler outputs across the 0-9 buttons (I plan to use level translators later, and remove the IC from the remote control PCB and integrate it into my circuit, if and when I design up a custom PCB).

The system is working very well, when using an original RC5 remote, or the learned RC5 commands in my harmony 880.......the TiVo was able to learn these codes using IRslicecreator with no problems, the TiVo learned codes work when sending single numbers OK. However after I've created the tcl file (29993), and configured the TiVo to use it....it seems to be sending the IR commands too close together, and my receiver is not coping, and overlaping the received codes.

What I am hoping, is that someone can point me in the right direction to be able to slow down (or increase the gap) between the transmission of the TiVo learned IR codes. Similar to the way it is done in guided setup, with fast, medium, and slow.

I must admit; I struggle with linux...which is why I have approached this problem from a hardware standpoint....thanks to all who created the great tutorials......I would have had no chance of even changing the source of the tcl without your step by step guides.

Thanks,

Bruce
    Last edited by Brucep; 08-10-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling