Thread: Will Tivo HD survive in Aus?

Will Tivo HD survive in Aus?

I just got the latest Harvey Norman catalog here in Brisbane. It contained not a single mention of Tivo, and this catalog was huge (multiple pages devoted to DVR).

I ponder Tivo's longevity in Australia.

I sold off my series 1 (oz)tivo last year - maybe this was a mistake.

What DVRs are people here using for HD content?

-Matt.

I still use series1 for HD channels as well as TiVoHD.

When Thomson stopped making TIVo's for the UK market in 2002, doom was predicted for those with TiVo's. But guide info is still provided today (granted it's a different setup).

But really here apart from the units that use iceTV for there data, most other groups seem to use our XML data one way or another.

All the marketing for TiVo has been poor to date, I wouldn't be too worried about Harvey Norman's lack of advertising as a bad sign at his stage. They may just be winding back their spend as the box goes non-exclusive leaving it to the sales people in store to upsell. Anecdotal evidence suggests that they have already shifted a lot of boxes (I wish someone would release some figures).

If things went really bad, then I'm sure efforts would be made to allow the units to use our data.

TiVoHD is far from solid (like most of Seven's interests) but it's a bit early to be planning a funeral.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!