Thread: Tivo Set Up Failed Now Dead!

Cool Tivo Set Up Failed Now Dead!

Hello,
    I purchased a series one philips tivo off ebay with no instructions.
    Tivo has turbonet ( I installed ) ir blaster and pal tuner and is running oztivo version 1.6.2. When trying to set up the tivo it just kept trying to connect with no result. I do not think I configured my Bigpond 2wire wireless modem router correctly as I could not ping oztivo, get my tivos ip address, use serial cable or Putty it. I even attached tivo direct to my modem router and that did not work either. I have XP operating system and think that I have now fried my tivos hard drive as I am no longer able to get the set up guide screen or any tivo screen for that matter. I have tried to use the boot up cd but not sure if I am doing this correctly either. I have been all over the forums and got bits and pieces that I have tried but I'm getting nowhere.
    I am not a computor wiz so need some very basic step by step guides on how to re image the hard drive ( if that is what I need to do), get network connection set up and ensure I have everything plugged in to where it needs to be. I am wiling to get a wireless ethernet bridge if that will help ( I have Analogue TV, VCR, DVD, Foxtel, HD Digital Set Top Box all running through VCR...Desktop PC cabled to wireless modem/router DCHP enabled, laptop wireless )
    Any help would be a godsend.
    Cheers
    Jels

I think starting from scratch would be a good idea, as you don't know if the current one even worked properly before you started using it.

Follow this guide on how to use the CD.

PrepareTiVoDisk

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!