Thread: TiVo not finding ABC in Adelaide?

TiVo not finding ABC in Adelaide?

I purchased a TiVo from Harvey Norman yesterday, installed today. Went smoothly, but the unit will not find any ABC channels. I have 2 HD flat screens in the house, both of which have full strength signals on ABC. I'm running the TiVo through one of the same aerial links, so I think it should see what the TV's see?

The weather has been pretty bad today, so I've rescanned a few times (heeding the warning that weather may impact channel scanning), without luck.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers, Dave

Poor weather can badly effect signal to noise and signal strength. The design of this Dual tuner unit requires a better signal then most cheap STB's and TV's. An RF amplifier may be needed to have reliable operation.

Try removing all other devices connected to your Aerial and see if TiVo finds it.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Peter. I had another go this morning and it found everything. Didn;t have to remove anything else on the system, which was good.

Cool, have fun with it.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!