Thread: Search by title

Search by title

I've installed the NZ thomson image on my UK TiVo and it seems to be working well apart from one weird problem. If I do a "search by title" -> "All programmes" I get a blank screen. If I press any of the arrow buttons on the remote the display of letters appears. Anyone else seen this behaviour? My install was a bit fraught because of the slice problem last week but that seems OK as I now have the guide loaded correctly.

Sounds suspiciously like an indexing problem. Check your tvlog in tivoweb, look out for 'warped clock' messages. Maybe clear guide data, force a daily call, then reindex....

It is quite probably an indexing problem. I can't see any sign of the 'warped clock' message in /var/log/tvlog though. Also, the search by title actually does work, it just doesn't display anything on screen until you hit one of the arrow buttons at which point the screen shows up and you can search happily.

How do you clear the guide data? Will that remove all my season passes?

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    Sounds suspiciously like an indexing problem. Check your tvlog in tivoweb, look out for 'warped clock' messages. Maybe clear guide data, force a daily call, then reindex....

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDrok View Post
    It is quite probably an indexing problem. I can't see any sign of the 'warped clock' message in /var/log/tvlog though. Also, the search by title actually does work, it just doesn't display anything on screen until you hit one of the arrow buttons at which point the screen shows up and you can search happily.

How do you clear the guide data? Will that remove all my season passes?
    OK, answered my own question and cleared the guide data using the onscreen menu. It also wiped out my season passes but that is OK, I hadn't set many up.

However, although the guide data is back in the problem with search by title is still there. It looks to me like the thomson install image is lacking a graphic because back in the UK this screen would come up with characters with black backgrounds. Here the screen is blank until I move the cursor at which point the characters appear but they have no background. I assume the UK install should draw up the back background with the characters drawn on and then it redraws as the cursor is moved and because the graphic is missing the screen appears blank until you move.

Possible?