Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time setting in daily call making date wrong

Here are the latest logs with following settings in emuProxyZA.conf

proxyIP=proxy.tpg.com.au
    proxyPort=80

ntpIP=129.6.15.29
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have the exact same problem as gazman (again). once i got my daily call working using emuproxyZA, the daily call was throwing the time forward by 2 hours. after trying to fix it, i ended up getting some very date/time settings (ranging from 1948 through to 2028). now even with my Tivo set to the correct time, the daily call status hasn't seem to have updated, and it thinks it last did one on Jan 1 of 2028. even if i perform a successful daily call now, it won't change this setting. what that leaves me is with a Tivo that thinks it hasnt done a daily cal in more than 30 days, but it has the correct guide data. if i press the live tv/guide button, it gives me the no daily call error message. but when i change the channel, the banner of each channel is correct. and i can view the information via the channel grid in tivoweb.

is there any way to reset the daily call status, or delete all guide data and information about last successful daily call? i suspect this is causing the most problems.

i may have had a small win. i left my tivo overnight after getting utterly nowhere, other than frustrated. this morning, i played some more with emuProxy - most important of which i think is making sure the timeoffset was not commented out, and was set to 0. once i did this, i ran a ntpdate -v -b with those three time servers included, and it worked. i then tried a daily call, and not only did it work, but it reset the information on the Phone page of Tivoweb, which had been showing the wrong thing. so far, it's been about 12 hours, and everything seems to be working.

well, it lasted 4? days, but i came home tonight to the dreaded "Tivo has not updated for 30 days" message when i checked the guide, and sure enough, puttied in to find the date was 1932. i've been able to reset the date, perform a daily call, and eventually get everything back working again, but i really have no guarantee it will continue to work.

also, Tivo had cut a swathe through my recorded shows, and decided that anything that was recorded via a Season Pass in the last two weeks would have to get deleted. it is also now has nothing in the ToDo list.

I'm going to call TPG tomorrow when I get to work, and follow up with them to see if they can do something about whatever change they made that started all this for me. in the meantime, my current question is, should i just bite the bullet and perform an upgrade to the latest Tivo image? will this help at all? after that, my next step is to start again from scratch. if i can avoid either of these options, i'd be a happy man.

does anyone have any advice (other than change ISP? if i can't get much help out of TPG, i may investigate changing)?

I'm not sure if updating to the latest image is going to help since I am using the latest.

How long has you Tivo been working for you got this time date issue? I only recently got my Tivo about a month back and I have only ever had it running fully for a handful of days at a time. The only feature I can use at the moment is the pause and rewind live TV.

well - given that, i won't go updating!

mine's been working fine since April of last year, and fine with TPG at this address since August. easter thursday it started giving me the service unavailable error message, and has been playing up since. ive had some limited success, but im not confident that it will behave itself permanently again.