Success!

Tanks Peter!

Short story - was almost able to get the JVC codes captured. Still having difficulties with two keys on the JVC. Have captured codes for the NextWave and all keys appear to be working correctly (tested for a couple hours without any failures).

Quick question - how do I change from Hobart Analogue FTA to Hobart Digital FTA guide data and channel numbers? Would like to not lose recorded programs but don't care about ToDo list, thumbs, etc.

I'll add the NextWave IR codes to the database. NextWave isn't in the Manufacturer list. Do I still e-mail Warren and if so what's his e-mail address?

The long story.

Capturing the NextWave codes was 100 times easier than trying to capture the JVC codes. Code length (option 1) for the JVC was 5, seemed to be very sensitive to the slightest variation in key press time, had many occurrences of negative length and it took many key presses to get the required number of captures (5). OTOH, the NextWave code length (option 1) said 2, wasn't very sensitive to key press time and got my 5 captures almost with just 5 presses of a key. Two keys when testing (option 6) said bad/missing header data and had to recapture them.

Frequency. I devised a method using an analogue dual trace CRO to get a better indication of carrier frequency. Got two photodiodes; one just a straight photodiode and the other an ir decoder with data out. Trace one was the plain photodiode and trace two was the data out of the ir decoder. Inverted and added trace two to trace one. That subtracted most of the pulse width modulation wave forms leaving pretty much just the carrier frequency. Not pretty but made the carrier frequency easier to pick. JVC is 40khz and the NextWave is 38khz.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers,
Phred