Below is quote from sticky on NZ emulators. My tivo was originally setup by hand with loadguide. Then I eventually switched to the old emulator port 80 by editing tclient.conf and running guided setup. I never did a clear all before hand and I lost nothing.

Now that I am old emulator are there any reasons why I couldn't just edit tclient.conf to port 8000 and rerun guided setup, OR is it now really important for some reason to clear delete eveyhting first??

Rgds HH, Nelson

Conversions:-

* Existing legacy users wanting to convert to the new system will need to do a clear and delete everything then rerun guided setup against port 8000. That is edit you /etc/tclient.conf and change port 80 to 8000.
There are no plans to discontinue service on the legacy port 80 at this stage, although there are significant advantages of being on the current emulator.
* An existing machine (installed via the command line/add channels bit) can be converted to the emulator with minimal fuss. Go into messages & setup:system reset, and choose "repeat guided setup". Then follow the instructions as above. I just did this with mine, and all existing recordings, season passes, and all items on the to-do list were preserved. Note of course that you will need to configure the tivo such that it will do guided setup (on the oztivo image this is done from tivoweb under the PAL/NTSC link, if using an older image you may need a different method of changing to NTSC or PAL+GS). The entire process took about an hour and a half.