I'm looking for a bit of help - had the tivo a few years now (sigh - and what a beauty she is) but am of the "if-aint-broke-don't-fix-it" ilk - which usually happens when shifting houses (and internet setup, etc). As a result, knowledge retention on the old workings of tivo are not that fabulous.

so...its a Philips:
Software System: 3.0-01-1-000
Kernel Information
Version 2.1.24-TiVo-2.5
Compile #1 Tue Sep 7 02:27:11 EST 2004

Has a network card connected via cable to an ADSL wireless firewall router for network connection.
Guide data up to now has been via modem. Unfortunately (perhaps the line quality in this rural area) when dialing in it at this property it has always returned a wrong number error message - unless I am listening on the phone (my Tivo may have issues!), so I would network connect via pc and select "make daily call" once a week or so, while listening to it connect, which worked fine for six months or so. The last successful call was Tuesday, Feb 06 at 2:25 pm. Since then I get a "service not answering" error message.

Not sure what is causing this (Aunty Teressa at may have changed the Xtra dial-up??), but I would like a fully automated setup anyway, so looked to get guide data via broadband (which I have always had available here).

So I telneted and rw to Read Write.

Replaced the tclient.conf in etc/ containing the dial up, account name and password using aceFTP with:

# This is for the server emulator on minnie.
127::210.48.107.133:8000:::

Telnet ro to read only.

Then set Pal guided setup mode and rebooted. Went through the setup, but when it goes to dial it comes up with "Failed. No dial in number chosen". Tried the ,#401 prefix, same result.

Any suggestions for automating either broadband or dial-up guide data would be much appreciated...

...Embarassed in anticipation of the simple solution...