Thread: Tivo to DVD?

Tivo to DVD?

Hey Guys

I was looking into purchasing a DVD recorder over the last couple of weeks when i thought about mysky and tivo. Having thought tivo wasn't available in NZ i thought i would google it just to see, and to my suprise nztivo.net came up. After researching a bit i was looking at importing one form america when i came across one on TradeMe. The buynow is at $420 and is a Phillips Series 1. Is this good?

Also, how/can i record and write media i have recorded onto my tivo to a dvd disc which i could then watch on a dvd player?

Sorry for the basic questions, but just want to know everything before i invest the money. I also just purchased an external lightscribe dvd writer if that helps at all.

Cheers

Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylesta View Post
    Hey Guys

I was looking into purchasing a DVD recorder over the last couple of weeks when i thought about mysky and tivo. Having thought tivo wasn't available in NZ i thought i would google it just to see, and to my suprise nztivo.net came up. After researching a bit i was looking at importing one form america when i came across one on TradeMe. The buynow is at $420 and is a Phillips Series 1. Is this good?
    If you want to compare with importing one yourself, I highly recommend George at http://www.eksys.com (and I'm sure many others here do to).
    It will probably be under US$200 for a philips tivo and a turbonet (network) card shipped to NZ, although this doesn't include a harddrive, NZ power cable, setting it up etc. The trademe one (depending on the harddrive size it comes with) is probably slightly more expensive, but it is probably an easier option if it is already running and you just have to plug it in and start recording!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylesta View Post
    Also, how/can i record and write media i have recorded onto my tivo to a dvd disc which i could then watch on a dvd player?
    There is a link on the right hand side of the main forum page
    Windows DVD Archiving

I bought my Tivo from eksys. I ordered and paid for it over the Internet on a Thursday morning (NZ time) and it was on my desk at work on the Monday immediately following! Now that's service!!

Yep... impossible to give too much praise to George at Eksys.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?