Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Image suitable for UK TiVo

Quote Originally Posted by finethen View Post
    Guided Setup may not be the way to go is there a way to back door the machine?
    There is but I wouldn't recommend it, only for advanced advanced hackrs, and needs to be maintained, besides you won't get updated headends, lineup changes etc..

I'm just looking into it on my Tivo, although I'm not going to do a GS on it.
    I am about a week away from having another uktivo to experiment on..
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by finethen View Post
    range so thats a step ahead but is giving channels a name that relates to sky digital. The "You will get a list of citys for which there are FTA headends" is not happening .... YET.
    It won't matter that you are also getting a list of channels for Sky Digital, that's what the 02113 postcode is for.

I have used Aerial + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial one mine with 02113 postcode. I get the Auckland lineup with all channels duplicated for Sky Digital and FTA..
    Sorry there is no 'Cable - no cable box' on the uktivo (must be all these years imaging philips/sony )

i.e.
    1 (cab) tv1 tv1
    1 (aer) tv1 tv1
    2 (cab) tv2 tv2
    2 (aer) tv2 tv2

Just go into Customise channels, and untick all the (cab) ones and all the (aer) ones that you dont receive.
    Last edited by jaidev; 25-08-2006 at 08:11 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80

Yes I have managed to get that "lineup" but the channels are named against sky channels i.e Maori is Cartoon, Prime is Arts, Alt is SBO62, TV1 is TV2, TV2 is UKTV, TV3 is E, Triangle is Playhouse, C4 and Juice are missing.

I will keep experimenting and keep posting if any progress.

Summary: currently using the thomson as a TVNZ machine only as TV1 and TV2 are the only channels that align with the Dunedin headend.

I have tried most combinations during Guided Setup and short of going back to the 1.3 image and using the vcr as a set top box I will await the input of those wiser than myself.

Drop a note on this thread if anyone has anything to help.

I'm am looking into the FTA uktivo issues.. Will let you know progress

Thanks Jaidev I await with baited breath.

You sold off some tivos their jaidev mate...?

Whilst jaidev's working on this, 2 things

1. Where are you located?

2. What happens when you select "Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial"

.. For the sat, you'd get satellite sices (equivaent to 02113) for the terrestrial you'd get cable slices?

I don't have a UK so have no idea. But worth a try.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Hiya DJC

1. Where are you located?
    Newmarket, Auckland

2. What happens when you select "Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial"
    My recollection is I get the Sky stations repeated but with "CAB" shown next to them. I think I tried every combination with a complete reset between each one. Problem is the cable slices dont have Alt or Triangle. Channel numbers for the remaining channels could be solved by adjusting channel numbers on a STB but I would like to run this Thomson as a standalone (no STB) to clean up the installation.

OK, we have temporarily repositioned Auckland on top of Dunedin ... see how you go now
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Smile

Thanks, that works a treat, I appreciate the fix, I will PM n10ct as he was having the same problem. I redid GS without a reset and its found every channel and correctly numbered them.

What would us amateurs do without you guys. Have a great week!!

Yipppeeee!!!